American Horror Story "Home Invasion" OAD 10.12.11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bierboy, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I loved the pilot ep. I thought this second one was a big bag of suck. Hope it gets better. This had none of the great characteristics of the first one...

2. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Not as wacked out as the pilot for sure, but we learned things. About Constance, the Adelaides, the Tate- Constance- Moira cleanup crew, and so on.

Wondering who the guy was with Constance- is he a hired pro or something else? Were all three of the girls named Adelaide? Is Tate the son?
    Where on earth is Dad finding his patients, or more to the point how are they finding him?

Can't give it up just yet if only because McDermott's overacting is so lolzy, plus the very strong supporting cast.

3. DLiquid

DLiquid Progressive User

Sep 17, 2001
    I enjoyed both this episode and the first one. I watch a lot of horror movies, and it seems that 95% of them are not very good. This show is already better than most horror movies. It's also far better than Masters of Horror (on average, there were a few really good ones), which was the last TV horror series I watched.

I'm not sure I liked the Psycho music in the sixties flashback. It was a little too obvious of an homage. I'm a bit disappointed that the psychotic kid is part of the neighbors and maid group. Are they all ghosts? That's not that intriguing to me. What I did really like is the line at the end, "We're moving." That is what anyone would do in their position. Of course they won't move, but at least they are addressing it.

4. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I didn't like this episode as much. It felt too much like Nip/Tuck. I hope they don't end up having a "patient of the week" like Nip/Tuck did. That will get old really fast.

5. Tivo_60

Tivo_60 NY State of Mind

Jun 13, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Didn't enjoy the pilot at all. Won't watch the 2nd one.

6. Francesco

Francesco Summum Pontificem

Oct 4, 1999
    Maricopa...
    What's with the digging through the Fox Music Department vault for the score? Utterly irritating to hear Bernard Hermann, Alan Silvestri and James Horner riffs in every scene.

7. Supfreak26

Supfreak26 Go Cowboys!

Dec 12, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Then why post in this thread?

8. tonestert

tonestert Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Charlottesvi...
    I really like this show so far including this episode. It was cool to see Tate helping them. Right now it seems like the house is actually protecting the family.

Plus it's so nice to see something other than a cop or lawyer show. I'm so tired of those.

9. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    BUMP!!

I've just started watching this - and it is fantastic! I am totally creeped out the entire time. I'm enjoying the tidbits of the house's past history, but are all of these people ghosts? So creepy! So #$%#$ed up, really. Lovin' it!!