1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMC’s The Little Drummer Girl — *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Beryl, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Really enjoyed it.

Eye candy, Alexander Skarsgård, saved the damsel as he wrestled his inner demons. The leading lady. Florence Pugh, played an impressively smart and independent woman. I like the actress' Kathleen Turner-like deep voice and her >size 6 frame. The character smoked but I hope the actress didn’t also develop her voice via cigarettes.

The 6-episode series wrapped up nicely. There was a moment where I thought they were going to make it like the movies Notorious and Mission Impossible 2 where the woman goes undercover to romance the bad guy. So glad that didn’t happen but I wouldn’t mind if they green-light a second season.

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    micheal shannon was impressive, too, very convincing, but it felt to me that florence pugh carried the series, she was incredible - i can't wait to see what she does next. i have lady macbeth recorded, and haven't gotten around to watching it yet, now i'm really looking forward to it.

there's an encore marathon saturday morning for those who missed it.

3. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Two episodes in. Completely confused.

4. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    I thought it was very good. Much better than the Diane Keaton movie. I remember falling asleep during that.

Skaargard's character was really good as was Michael Shannon's. The girl was just meh IMHO.

Cheryl

5. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I'm having a hard time getting through the first airing (two-hour premiere). I don't think I'm going to continue. Too bad as I really liked The Night Manager.

6. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    the first two eps were the longest for me, but the pace definitely picks up in the final four.

7. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    I forced myself to finish 5 and 6 yesterday in hopes I would understand. I failed.

8. Dec 3, 2018 #8 of 10
    Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Just finished it, thought it was excellent, especially the last couple of eps when she was undercover. The tension in the final scene in the bedroom when Khalil realizes what's going on was incredible. The acting was great all around, especially Pugh, playing a very complex role.

9. Dec 3, 2018 #9 of 10
    Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I liked it also but - it was however very hard to get into. It took a while before it hooked me in. I watch quite a bit of it in speed mode with the closed captioning on. I thought all 3 leads were great.

10. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I really liked it too. And I thought all the leads were very good. It actually took me at least a half hour before I realized that Marty was Michael Shannon (who I really liked in Boardwalk Empire and other things I've seen him in.