Amazon Unsupported format error

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Joe01880, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    I tried to rent a HD movie from Amazon last night, Cowboys Vs. Aliens and got an Unsupported Format error from my Premiere. I rented it through my Sony TV without issue. Whats up with Amazon HD and TiVo?

2. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Rented the same movie last night and everything seemed to go through normally but the download never started. Called Amazon and they claimed it was a known issue with TiVo and tried to get it started but were unsuccessful. They credited my account and said hopefully it will be fixed soon. The movie ended up downloading 4 hours after I ordered it and had gone to bed.

3. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    The rental never went through, i just got the error. I switched over to my Sony NX's internal menu and the rental went through that way no problem. This was the second time i have had this problem with an HD rental from Amazon, the first was with African Cats, my work around was the same and in both cases I am glad i rented them vs purchasing the Blu-ray..both were good, just not top dollar good.

Related..? in the past i have rented Amazon special deal .99 movies using my TiVo HD. the quality was so bad i called Amazon both times to complain and get a refund, they were unwatchable. I'm not sure thats related to my original issue or not but renting a movie from Amazon shouldnt be such a pain using a TiVo Premiere.

4. Jets

Jets Member

Sep 28, 2010
    A seemingly knowledgeable Amazon rep told me that the Amazon app on the Tivo Premiers is substandard. There are better versions but Tivo does not wish to license them. Not sure why and have no idea if it is true. You cant even access a lot of the free content that is available via the PC application.