Amazon Unbox - unable to download

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by cokyq, Jul 11, 2007.

1. cokyq

cokyq New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Dallas/Fort...

Advertisements

When AU came out, I purchased a season pass of Enterprise. For some reason, 2 of the episodes refused to download at all. After much talking with Amazon, they finally removed the downloaded episodes and gave me a credit.

Since Jericho's pilot episode is available for free downloading, I thought I would try it again. Well I am not cancelling my Blockbuster Online membership yet! 3 times I have asked the episode to download to my TIVO and nada! Blue light comes on for about 3-5 minutes, then goes off and NO DOWNLOADED episode.

Guess its still not working 100%...

Anyone else having problems?

2. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Check to see if your drive is getting too full. I suspect the Tivo sees an Unbox download much the same way as it evaluates whether or not it can record a TV episode based on what's currently on the drive, what's in the To Do Liost, and what settings you have regarding how you manage the recordfed programs (i.e., keep until you delete). If you have a lot of shows set to be kept until you delete them then you may want to change the option to delete them to make room for more shows. They won't necessarily get deleted right away but it should free up space for additional downloads.

3. cokyq

cokyq New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Dallas/Fort...
    I went to download history and saw that the episode failed to download because it says the download speed was to slow! I have checked my internet with speakeasy test and my download is close to 3000 kbps! Everything else comes in just fine. Oh well...

4. hearncl

hearncl Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Shortly after Unbox became available, I tried to download an episode of "Bones", with the same result you are having and the same download history message. I tried several times, checked record space and internet connection, etc., but never had a successful download of that episode. I was convinced that the problem was with the particular download file, not my equipment. I was able to successfully download one or two other programs, but haven't used Unbox since then. I would think that they should have the bugs worked out by now, but apparently not.

5. Dajad

Dajad Active Member

Oct 7, 1999
    Toronto

Advertisements

Your ISP could also be doing some data shaping - especially if they are also a cable TV provider.

...Dale

6. CharlesH

CharlesH Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Sacramento...
    [cynical] Right! You are supposed to be using (and paying for) their VOD/PPV product to get that content. You are not supposed to get video content from someone else, and not pay them! [/cynical] :rolleyes:

7. rodneyw1

rodneyw1 Member

Nov 12, 2001
    Santa Rosa,...
    I rented three movies from Amazon over the weekend. It would not download for the same reason as mentioned above, too Slow. I have Comcast cable and two Series3's. I even tried switching my wireless adaptors. I finally went to Amazon's site and was able to tell them to download to my other TiVo serives3 and then all three movies downloaded fine. The TiVo makes daily downloads fine. I use it to listen to music from my computer. It just won't download movies.

8. ThePennyDropped

ThePennyDropped Now I get it. TCF Club

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    I had a problem with an Unbox download, and got help from Amazon. I was pretty dubious about their suggestion (or at least the second half of it), but it did work: First, they needed to re-enable my license for the movie rental I was trying to download. Second, I just needed to reset my S3. After that, the movie rental downloaded just fine.

Before the reset, I had the same symptom as the poster above: the blue light would be on for several minutes, but the download never really occurred.

9. cokyq

cokyq New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Dallas/Fort...
    I have reset my TiVo S3 and that did not help. Interestingly, I requested some movie previews and they downloaded just fine from Unbox. I also subscribe to other TivoCast downloads, DL.TV, CrankyGeeks, CNET, and they all download just fine! IMHO... Amazon Unbox still has problems.

10. cokyq

cokyq New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Dallas/Fort...
    Update:

Success, the Jericho pilot episode finally downloaded after 3 days of trying. After reseting the TIVO, since the episode still failed to download, I decided to request several other TIVO Downloads, including AU previews, which came down w/o any problems.

At the end, all of a sudden, the troubled episode came thru! IMHO, Amazon is still having issues with Unbox downloads to the TIVO.

11. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    I don't see how to get the Jericho pilot for free. It says $1.99 for me.

12. cokyq

cokyq New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Dallas/Fort...
    Guess you missed the special offer! I saw it and got it on 7/10.