Amazon UnBox Rentals for only 2 days?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mike g, Jul 22, 2007.

1. mike g

mike g New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    In the promo Tivo says Amazon Unbox rentals remain for 30 days - yet after I downloaded my first rental yesterday, my Tivo told me it would be deleted in 2 days?

Has anyone else had the same problem?

2. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    That's just the "can be deleted after" date should your unit need space for scheduled recordings. You can change that (the keep until date), and probably should if you're dealing with rentals and your receiver runs up against space limitations regularly.\

It doesn't mean it will be deleted, only that it's allowed to be deleted if space is needed and there aren't other lower priority items to delete.

3. mike g

mike g New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    ok thanks

4. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Even though you can supposedly keep the video for 30 days, you only have 24 hours to watch the entire movie once you press Play due to some BS copyright agreement between Unbox and the copyright holder. I sometimes take several days to get through an entire movie because my wife keeps falling asleep after watching it for only a short while.

5. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Sounds more like a wife problem than an Unbox problem. :p

6. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    I'd think that a sleeping wife would make it that much easier to get through an entire movie.

7. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002
    My wife works 10-hour days and is up a 4AM. I don't watch movies with her unless it's something I know she wants to see. When I see her drift off I stop the DVD and note the timestamp so I can resume it at a later time. I watch lots of movies on my own, but only if they're titles I know she wouldn't be interested in.

There are other factors that sometimes prevent me from getting through an entire movie in one sitting. We constantly get calls from friends and family and things are always cropping up that demand our attention while we're in the middle of a movie. It's hard to find enough free time to be able to sit that long for a continuous viewing.

It's more of a lifestyle that Unbox can't accommodate.

8. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    I'm impressed that while everyone was cracking "sleeping wife" posts, you took the time to come to her defense in a post. :) :up: :up: