Amazon Tivo Unbox $15 credit not working?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by nms91, Jul 31, 2007.

1. nms91

nms91 New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Hey folks.

As soon as the "Amazon Unbox" program started, they offered all TiVo users $15 of free credit, right? I signed up and got the $15 worth of credit, but at the time there wasn't very much good stuff to download, so I waited. Now, I finally found some stuff I want, and for some reason I can't find the $15 credit. I know that I never used any of it, in fact, I hadn't been on Amazon.com since 2 months ago or whenever they first offered it. It still shows that my TiVo is linked to the Amazon.com site, but I can't find the $15 credit anywhere! Did it happen to expire? Is/was there an expiration date to use it in that I just didn't know about?

Has anyone else experienced this, or know how I could solve it?

Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

2. mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    To see your credit balance, go to amazon.com/unbox, then select an Unbox program; e.g., Notes on a Scandal. Then under the price of the rental/purchase (upper center), it'll state "You have # Unbox credits totaling $nn.nn."

3. nms91

nms91 New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    When I'm signed in, this is all I see. I don't see anything about credits.

Team America World Police (2004)
    Starring: Trey Parker; Matt Stone Director: Trey Parker Run Time: 98 minutes

(506 customer reviews)
    506 Reviews
    5 star: (267)
    4 star: (109)
    3 star: (42)
    2 star: (39)
    1 star: (49)

See all 506 customer reviews...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Price: $9.99

Usage: Only available for US customers located in the 48 contiguous states, Alaska, Hawaii, and the District of Columbia. You can keep purchased videos on 2 PCs and 2 portable video players at the same time. Learn more
    System Requirements: Requires a Windows-based PC (XP or Vista) . See full system requirements

Download news and deals: Subscribe to the The Download e-mail and get the latest on Unbox Video Downloads delivered to your inbox weekly. Subscribe now!

4. mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    Try it with Notes on a Scandal. Be sure you're looking at the Unbox Video Downloads and not the actual DVD for sale.

If you still don't see it, you may want to give Amazon a call.

This is what it should look like:

[​IMG]

<edit>
    Here's a link to Notes on a Scandal; of course, make sure you're logged into Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Notes-on-a-Scandal...1185939247&sr=1-1

<edit2>
    Note that the rental for this one is now $3.99. It was on special one weekend for only $0.99 when I made the above graphic... fyi...

5. Aug 1, 2007 #5 of 11
    nms91

nms91 New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Yeah bro. I absolutely appreciate the help, but its just not there. Perhaps I should give Amazon a call.....

6. Aug 1, 2007 #6 of 11
    AlphaDelta

AlphaDelta Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Have you logged into your account at Amazon?

7. Aug 1, 2007 #7 of 11
    mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    He stated in post #3 above that he is, so that doesn't seem to be the problem...

8. Aug 1, 2007 #8 of 11
    AlphaDelta

AlphaDelta Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Mayeb you had to actually buy/rent a video during that window when they first offered the credit.

9. Aug 1, 2007 #9 of 11
    mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    I don't believe so, as you just had to register for TiVo Unbox by a certain date, April 30th I believe, and there was no fine print about the credits having to be used by a certain date.

I got those credits at that time, and still have credits available.

10. mrmike

mrmike Custom User Title

May 2, 2001
    On another note, since we're talking about UnBox credits: The fine print says only one credit may be used at a time. I have several credits totalling $25. I can't find anywhere in the My Account pages how much each credit is worth. What am I missing?

11. mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    There doesn't appear to be a way to find out how much is left in each individual credit if you have multiple credits, without calling Amazon.

But basically, what the fine print is saying, is that only one credit can be applied to any given order at any given time. For example, say you have two credits totaling $17. One credit has only $2 left, with the second credit having $15. Say you then rent a movie for $3.99, it will apply the $2 remaining from the first credit to the rental and then charge you the $1.99 difference. I haven't had this happen yet, but then maybe I've just been getting lucky. The $15 remaining in the second credit would then get applied to your next purchases/rentals.

I haven't worried about it, because to me it would be a nominal charge, and I would still have additional credit for my next purchases/rentals.

Therefore, I would look at it as getting $19 ($17 + $2 charge) worth of rentals for only $2, rather than being upset that I had to pay $2.

<edit>
    However, I do agree with other comments I've read here and there in these forums that a confirmation screen would be nice, instead of the 1-click ordering, so that we would know if/how much we were getting charged before the charge rather than after.