Amazon Season Pass.....

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by billjr47, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Feb 7, 2018 #1 of 10
    billjr47

billjr47 New Member

Feb 7, 2018

Advertisements

Hello, New here and first post. If I'm in the wrong area please advise me. I recently accidentally deleted all my wife's saved series of "The Dead Files" from our DirecTv Genie. If I were to purchase them as season passes on all the series from Amazon, then put them in my Amazon library, how long do they stay there and will be view-able. Again as a purchase, not rental. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Bill

2. Feb 7, 2018 #2 of 10
    kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I think if you buy them on Amazon, you have them forever on whatever device you want to play them on.

-KP

billjr47 likes this.
  3. Feb 7, 2018 #3 of 10
    billjr47

billjr47 New Member

Feb 7, 2018
    kpeters...I'm fairly new to this, I'm assuming when I purchase the Season Pass it's completely digitally purchased and available on my Amazon box not on any kind of media (DVD, etc) would this be correct? That's kind of what isn't clear, how long would it be available in that case?
    Bill

4. Feb 7, 2018 #4 of 10
    krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    What's an "Amazon box"? These seem to be questions better posed to an Amazon forum.

TiVos used to have the ability to download Amazon videos, but Amazon shut down that capability a while back. Nowadays, the latest TiVos do have Amazon Video apps available, and so can access "free," rental and owned Amazon Video streaming content. (Owned content will display under "Your Library" or similar tab.)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  5. Feb 7, 2018 #5 of 10
    billjr47

billjr47 New Member

Feb 7, 2018

Advertisements

krkaufman........ You know, I agree. I think having had this issue start because I accidently deleted them from my DirecTv genie I somehow got off in probably the wrong direction. I'll start looking for an Amazon forum. I apologize for the confusion, however this does look like a very helpful forum for the correct questions others may have. Again my apologies and thank you!!

Bill

Just a quick after thought, am I correct in assuming there's no way to "back up" what's on our genie, or to quickly recover something that was just deleted what this happens?

Thanks again.

6. Feb 7, 2018 #6 of 10
    scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    You don't buy season passes on amazon. You buy a season of a tv show. When you buy a season of a tv show it will automatically be in your library w/o you having to do anything. How long is it there for you? Because you bought it and own it, it will, in theory, be there forever.

Edit: I realize that my first sentence is incorrect. While they, in effect, do have what they call a season pass, they don't really have an option to "buy season pass" they just have the option to "buy season"

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  7. Feb 7, 2018 #7 of 10
    billjr47

billjr47 New Member

Feb 7, 2018
    scandia101....... OK, that's what I was trying to figure out. I had deleted all episodes of a season. In amazon if you want to buy them, you can purchase them either as a single episode at a time, or what they call a season pass which only means you're purchasing that particular season of that show. You did answer my question though in that by buying the whole series (usually just all the shows of that year) that they will be available to me forever. That was what I thought, but was just trying to get confirmation. So I sincerely thank you for taking the time and responding with your very helpful information.

Bill

8. Feb 7, 2018 #8 of 10
    krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Hey, no worries. TCFers can likely help get your questions answered, but there's usually a TiVo component to the scenarios.

Heh, now you're talking DirecTV & Genie DVRs. They should have such a feature, and I could tell you where to look on a TiVo, but...

9. Feb 7, 2018 #9 of 10
    krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    A thread on the subject of recovering deleted programs on a Genie seems to indicate it isn't possible, but one post argues otherwise, at least for very recently deleted content. See the following post:

Recovering deleted recordings from DIRECTV DVR -- is it at all possible?

10. billjr47

billjr47 New Member

Feb 7, 2018
    krkaufman........Thanks for your response. You're right, unfortunately it's not possible. In that one link it mentions finding in the history list and hitting "keep". Like the person responding to that post, I don't get a "keep" option at that point. So I'll just have to try a different way. Thanks again for your very helpful response.

Bill

krkaufman likes this.