Amazon Prime unavailable all of a sudden

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by midtngal, Apr 15, 2019 at 10:13 PM.

1. midtngal

midtngal New Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Hi all. I have a Roamio OTA trying to watch Amazon Prime like I’ve been doing for months but am getting “Amazon Prime is unavailable right now”. Is there something going with them right now? Is this some kind of other issue with TiVo...again? TIA

2. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    I did not try Amazon Prime last night, but many of us were having huge problems with spinning blue circles and TiVo servers, so I'd bet the Amazon problems were related to the same thing (either TiVo servers or Internet problems).

3. midtngal

midtngal New Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Thanks V7Goose! Glad to know it wasn't just me! Hopefully the issues are resolved now.

4. rpj22

rpj22 Member

Mar 26, 2016
    SoCal
    At the same time you posted yesterday evening, I was watching Amazon Prime on a computer and it was working fine, so that might add to the blame it on TiVo theory.

5. midtngal

midtngal New Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Hi rpj22! Yeah, I was able to pull it up on my phone so I kinda knew it was a TiVo problem. I have learned that their support is sub-par and folks on here are a much bigger help than they are! They would have had me jump through 15 hoops only to tell me it was my issue! . Thanks for your input!

6. midtngal

midtngal New Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Looks like I can’t pull up ANY apps tonight! Grrr.....

7. Clarity5

Clarity5 New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I havent been able to watch any shows since last night on my recorded list. Hulu didnt recognize subscription. This is ridiculous. Tivo, longtime member here. Just bought a bolt 6 mos ago. Get your act together. 24 hrs and counting...

8. midtngal

midtngal New Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Yeah, it's definitely a "when it works, it's great but when it doesn't it bites" situation! :) My sound is hooked up to my receiver so I can't even go to the TV and pull up apps because it won't have sound. I did restart my box tonight and was able to pull up Amazon Prime Video and watch but now the remote app isn't connected! Sooo many steps just to watch TV! You might try that if you haven't Clarity5..

9. Clarity5

Clarity5 New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    True!! I never watch live tv, so yeah, its a shock to the system, lol. I did try restarting several times, but it didnt help. Although magically after I posted, things were restored. Go figure!

10. Clarity5

Clarity5 New Member

Dec 31, 2015
    Oh nevermind, same problem again tonight.