Amazon Prime S L O W

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ADG, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Apr 3, 2016 #1 of 12
    ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I haven't watched anything on Amazon Prime for several months, but the last time I did both access to the app and everything within the app worked smoothly. Started watching the new season of Bosch the other day and ran into the following:

• Had to re-authorize the Tivos (okay, no big deal if it's a one time issue)
    • Took abouth 30 seconds to get to the Amazon servers (black screen until then)
    • Once I selected the Bosch episode, again there was a significant delay before it started
    • If I want to "rewind" or fast forward, the delay is again a factor

Are others experiencing the same thing or is it something on my end? Thanks much in advance.

2. Apr 3, 2016 #2 of 12
    JandS

JandS Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 1, 2010
    East of Seattle
    Yes to all of the above.

Additional:
    • Scrolling through video categories is very slow and herky-jerky

Edit: this occurred as of the 20.5.9 update, about 3 weeks ago or so. Comcast. Roamio Pro

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  3. Apr 3, 2016 #3 of 12
    ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Thanks - sorry to hear you're having the same issues, but glad it's not just me.

4. Apr 3, 2016 #4 of 12
    kclfoxtrot

kclfoxtrot New Member

May 6, 2014
    Was working great for me...until last night. An error message briefly popped up about not having enough bandwith, but then I was able to connect albeit slowly.

5. Apr 4, 2016 #5 of 12
    joewom

joewom Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Also new movies do not show up under new releases. The only reason I knew star wars was available was the scrolling box on the main screen. When I went to new releases hunger games is still first. I am using my PS3 for most amazon movies. Or order them on the web and its in my movies on the app.

6. Apr 4, 2016 #6 of 12
    sschwar2

sschwar2 Member

Jun 14, 2001
    It's close to useless at this point - Tivo gave me a run around trying to fix it.

7. Apr 5, 2016 #7 of 12
    MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Ah... Amazon Prime video is slow... I was confused... I thought this thread was going to be about Amazon Prime shipping :)

I should have guessed otherwise since this wasn't posted in the happy hour!

8. Apr 5, 2016 #8 of 12
    berkshires

berkshires New Member

Feb 22, 2007
  9. Apr 6, 2016 #9 of 12
    ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I submitted an email support request to Tivo and received a reply saying to make two network connections followed by a "reset". I'm a pretty technical guy, and since the email came from tech support I took "reset" to mean hard reset as opposed to "reboot". I removed the power cord and upon replacing it the Tivo would not power on (no green light). Several tries later I had to call and request an exchange. Now I don't know if it was my Tivo on the way out that was causing the problems or a bug in the software.

I can tell you that of my 5 working Tivos (one going back at least 10 years), this is the only one to ever have to be returned for exchange - a Roamio Plus that is 2 years old. Ah well - guess I've been lucky up to now :).

10. c133roamioerrors

c133roamioerrors Member

Dec 28, 2013
    I got bandwidth issues using my Roamio. Worked fine using Prime thru my bluray player. I had other connection issues on my computers and contacted Comcast. Weak signal from loose wires on splitter, everything working okay now.

11. mobouser

mobouser Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Albany Area...
    Same problem with Amazon Prime very slow with messages of a bandwidth problem popping up. I have a Roamio Pro and my network is thru CAT5 cable. Netflix is working OK. This is a problem with Amazon Prime only for us.

12. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot New Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Considering that Netflix uses the same AWS Cloud Servers, that narrows the issue, unless Netflix Servers are setup at your ISP.