Amazon Prime ONLY

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Pearhead, Dec 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Pearhead

Pearhead Zippity Do Da

Nov 26, 2005

Advertisements

Is there a setting to limit searches (typed and Vox) to Prime Video only? I don't want to see and/or rent/buy anything. I only want results and 1P's from Hulu and Prime!

On a similar note/gripe, even some of the shows marked with the Prime badge take you to the rent/buy Instant Video selection. :mad:
    WTF?

Note: I'm using Hydra

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    JayMan747 likes this.
  2. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Use the red C button in just about every list (search results, folders, etc) to change the display results to (free).

3. Pearhead

Pearhead Zippity Do Da

Nov 26, 2005
    Thanks. Should've mentioned I'm on Hydra. Not getting a C button option.

More still, really wanting the filter to work with a Vox search.

4. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Remove any apps you don’t want to use by unchecking them and they won’t appear in search results.

5. m.s

m.s Active Member

Mar 8, 2007

Advertisements

So, which is it - "Prime Video only", or "Hulu and Prime!"

How hard can it be? Both Amazon and Hulu have search functions which are limited to their own service.

6. Pearhead

Pearhead Zippity Do Da

Nov 26, 2005
    Yeah... I've checked only the services I want included. But there is no distinction between Amazon Prime and Instant video. It appears it's all or nothing with TiVo's implementation. :thumbsdown:
    Actually it's Amazon Prime and Hulu. I messed up when I titled the thread.
    I realize that each app has it's own native search. But going that route defeats the whole purpose of the global (across all services) search feature TiVo brags about.

So far, to me, TiVo's Vox search and 1P option in this realm is pretty ham fisted. :rolleyes:

7. PSU_Sudzi

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I don’t think you are correct about Amazon Prime in TiVo search—I only have Prime selected as an app and I don’t see results for movies or shows that are not part of Prime.

8. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    In my short look at Hydra, there was only Amazon Video. Prime had not yet been added.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  9. PSU_Sudzi

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I thought you could check both from what I recall but I guess not.

10. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Tomorrow I'm going to put Hydra back on my Roamio. I took it off to test. I wanted to know if it was a bad unit or Hydra. Works good with classic UI, so we shall see.

11. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

I only had prime checked and when I had to replace my bolt the amazon prime was the only option was prime video the older version was not even a check able option

12. Pearhead

Pearhead Zippity Do Da

Nov 26, 2005
    Really? That's perzactly what I want! .... but 90% of my results are for Amazon Instant (buy/rent) videos. It's a kludge.
    Prime is included. There is indeed a Prime marker on search results and most of the time selecting that tile will take you to that Prime selection.

13. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Ok, let's make it clear. Is there one or two Amazon apps that can be checked?

Classic UI has Amazon Video (Prime) and Amazon Video.

14. Pearhead

Pearhead Zippity Do Da

Nov 26, 2005
    I only have one Amazon app. Yet it will pull Prime selections.

15. JolDC

JolDC Active Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Under add & manage apps in settings, both are there and checkable. This controls bookmarks and search results.

Under Apps from main menu, there is only one Amazon app because the same app accesses both types of Amazon content.

16. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Understood. Hydra need to have Prime added. This was an addition long ago. Amazon is Amazon from the App point of view. But TiVo's Search only uses the checked app. Since Prime is still Amazon, you get free and buy included. I'm sure there will be a Prime option soon. Thanks for checking.

Quick test. Search for "Fury". If it finds the current movie, it is not Prime only. The old (1936) movie is free.

17. Pearhead

Pearhead Zippity Do Da

Nov 26, 2005
    Ding ding ding....that's the trick. It wasn't on my rig as of a few days ago.. I swear!

Did it get added with RC11?

THANK YOU

18. JolDC

JolDC Active Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Been there since day one for me.

19. Pearhead

Pearhead Zippity Do Da

Nov 26, 2005
    Alrighty then...in any event this was what I was after.

One relatively minor caveat. Appears there's no immediate "watch now". Instead you must first create a One Pass and then click again on the movie or episode strip to start watching.

Oh well...at least I'm not having to sort through a gob of rentals. :)

20. JolDC

JolDC Active Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Arlington VA
    No OnePass should be necessary.

For movies (I used Spectre to test), the default selection when you select the movie from the search screen is the streaming options. For Spectre it shows me Amazon, Hulu and Xfinity. Selecting one of those will activate the appropriate app with the movie.

For TV series, it doesn’t know what you want to watch yet. Go to All Episodes and select a season and then an episode. The same streaming source options are available to take you directly to that episode and source. Or go down one option to OnePass & Recording Options and scroll over to Bookmark Season option to add a bookmark to My Shows for all episodes of the selected season.