Amazon prime log in?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Mastiff, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Stupid question... just got a roamio and it will launch Amazon, but I see no where to log in so it knows I am a prime member. I assume this is possible, how do I do it?

2. connie_w

connie_w Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 9, 2015
    Are you saying when you clicked on the Amazon icon it never asked you for a login? What do you see?

I recall that the first time I selected Amazon Instant Video icon, it asked me for my login, and I entered my Amazon login, I'm a Prime member, so it then shows at the top from left to right, Home, Prime Instant Video, Movies, and TV Shows.

Some of the boxes which are displayed are titled Recently Added Prime Movies, Amazon Originals and Prime Exclusives.

Oh..wait!!!! I just looked through Settings & Messages > Settings > Channels > My Video Providers > You should see a list of providers, there are now 2 Amazon providers listed. On mine, both of the Amazon providers are listed: Amazon Instant Video (Prime) and Amazon Instant Video in the provider list. But they are not both listed as separate selections back at the Tivo Central Find Tv, Movies & Videos > Amazon Instant Video which I gather is normal.

Check that out and make sure both are selected as providers. Then go back to the Amazon Instant Video selection at the Tivo Central menus and see if it takes you to Prime.
    |

3. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    The two different providers under settings allow you to choose whether your Search and OnePass results show Prime shows/movies, paid shows/movies, or both.

It is still all one Amazon app.

4. Mastiff

Mastiff Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Thanks for the help. I never would have thought to look under "channels".