Amazon Prime in the works for VirginMedia

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jgametest, Mar 23, 2014.

1. jgametest

jgametest New Member

Oct 30, 2013

Advertisements

http://www.techradar.com/news/inter...in-netflix-on-virgin-media-tivo-boxes-1235760

I just did a double-take when I read this article. This could be hope for this missing app if Tivo is looking into the idea it's only a matter of time before it releases to us.

2. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    It has been widely rumored that a prime app was in beta... I suspect (hope) we will see it on retail boxes by mid year.

Anyone want to take odds?

3. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I question the strategy of integrating streaming apps with Tivo. I think a certain percentage of customers will find that their viewing needs can be completely satisfied by streaming and ditch Tivo altogether, since Tivo is too expensive to use for streaming exclusively. Tivo was one of the first set top boxes to offer Netflix streaming and they still lost millions of customers.

4. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
  5. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004

Advertisements

The market for Roamio owners are not really the cord cutting type. Perhaps in the future. But the high cost of the Roamio (especially the Pro/Plus) pretty much guarantees those users are reliant on cable. Plus, who is to say TiVo will rely on cable companies in the future. It is in their best interest to provide a great streaming services platform.

6. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    It's not so much the price, but the lack of an OTA tuner in the Plus and Pro models that 100% guarantees that.