Amazon Instant Video Pricing Issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by sbiller, Jan 1, 2012.

1. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL

Advertisements

I've noticed this strange behavior a couple of times when using the TiVo Unified Search to find movies. In this particular case a search for the 2011 movie, The Help, provides this result.

[​IMG]

When I click through to the HD option ($2.99), I see this.

[​IMG]

However, when I select <rent this movie> the price changes to $4.99.

[​IMG]

If I go back, the price on the previous screen is updated to $4.99.

[​IMG]

If you go into the movie directly through Amazon the price is $4.99 all the time. This appears to be some sort of weird database issue but its pretty annoying.

2. steve771

steve771 Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Las Vegas
    You might send Amazon a report of this. It would be easy for someone not paying close attention to think they are paying $2.99 and get a bigger bill.

3. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Good idea. Just sent. Thanks, ~Sam

4. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    [​IMG]

5. expmag

expmag RehobothJeff

Dec 12, 2004
    Rehoboth...

Advertisements

I bought the Help the previous weekend at it was $1.99 SD and $2.99 HD, they may have not changed the pricing back in their databases correctly. Just a thought.

6. jpcamaro70

jpcamaro70 Member

Nov 23, 2011
    One thing about amazon. They are the best at customer service. if you paid 4.99 but the screen said 2.99 (the first screen), I have no doubt they would refund the money.

When i downloaded my first movie from them (sd) it was in a small letterbox format, I was unhappy about it, so i watched the movie, then emailed them my displeasure and they refunded my purchase price.

I would use this service more but I think it's a little pricey with redbox right down the road.

7. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Agree. It appears to be a database issue. The unified search should be automatically updated as pricing changes occur from the ondemand video providers.

Regarding the value for $2.99 or $4.99 for HD. Its so convenient and so much less than going to the movies that I'm prone to purchase the HD video at either price rather than dealing with a physical DVD.

8. steve771

steve771 Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Las Vegas
    I just wish Tivo would pick up Amazon Prime. My Roku box can do it though, it would just be more convenient if it were consolidated.