Amazon Instant Video only Letterbox?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by teachastro, Aug 27, 2011.

1. teachastro

teachastro New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Am I doing something wrong, or are all Amazon Instant Videos offered through the Tivo Premiere only in letterbox format? It's very annoying going through the trouble to set it up for my new widescreen TV! I'm a tivo newbie so maybe I missed a setting. thanks for the help!

2. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    The standard definition ones do. Use the format button to change the display.

3. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    Using Google TV the Amazon Instant Video is anamorphic 480p, assuming widescreen content. I have only ever purchased HD programming from Amazon Video on Demand when using TiVo and it was widescreen formatted. Using Google TV, I can see how the various options for streaming SDTV are formatted and it does show TiVo as letterbox in a 4:3 frame, and the others as anamorphic widescreen.

Just use a PC to access whatever program you just watched and you will see TiVo shown as letterbox within a 4:3 screen and I bet everything else will be anamorphic widescreen. Buy the same program with a PC and it should be 16x9.

4. teachastro

teachastro New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Oh I see, the HD ones are in widescreen even for the Tivo (at least the ones I've looked at so far). I guess I did have a stupid question :) Thanks for the help!