Amazon HD downloads

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by hooks, Jan 29, 2011.

1. hooks

hooks New Member

Aug 20, 2005

Advertisements

We are consistently having problems with Amazon HD downloads to our HD TiVo Ser 3. We get audio but the video doesnr run, just a series of still pictures. Any advice?

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Is this the TiVo HD (model 652xxxxx) or the S3 (model 648xxxx)?

Have you contacted TiVo or Amazon about problem?

3. hooks

hooks New Member

Aug 20, 2005
    The trouble seems to be with the 648!model. I re-downloaded a tv show I bought to a 652 model we have in another room and it was fine. I have not yet contacted TiVo. I got Amazon to give me credit for a recent movie download that was buggy.

4. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Spoke at length with a very helpful customer service representative about this problem on my Series 3 with TSN starting with 648. The problem began when my Series 3 locked up after the Amazon rental download began. I had to cycle the power which created what the CSR called a Phantom download. If I went to the TiVo Beta Search it would tell me that a download was about to begin but it would never begin. I tried connecting to the TiVo service multiple times, performed multiple restarts, attempted to start other downloads from Amazon. Nothing would work. The CSR suggesting unlinking my Amazon account and re-linking. That didn't work only. He finally spoke to another CSR and came back with the Phantom download explanation. I had two choices at this point. Wait for the Phantom download to expire which could take from a day to a week or perform a clear on the ToDo list. I chose the latter which is taking place right now. I will post again if this fixes the problem.

5. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL

Advertisements

It took a long time for the clear to complete. The Phantom downoad problem is corrected. I successfully downloaded a movie from my Amazon Video Library.