1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Fire HD8 and TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by MacBrian, Nov 23, 2016.

1. MacBrian

MacBrian Member

Feb 24, 2002
    Kansas
    The Fire HD8 tablet is going to be $30 off on Black Friday (should be around $60 if I'm reading my sources correctly). Can anyone confirm that the TiVo app works on a Fire HD8? It would be a deal-breaker if the answer is no! :D

2. Audio Geek

Audio Geek New Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Confirmed. I didn't see the Tivo app in the Amazon App Store. You'll have to install the Google Play Store. That's what I've done on my Fire HD 8.

How to Install the Google Play Store on the Amazon Fire Tablet or Fire HD 8

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Its in there, no need o install play store for it. I did it for youtube.

PCurry57 and MacBrian like this.
  4. NYHeel

NYHeel Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2003
    I just got the Fire HD 8 for $25. Does the TiVo app in the Amazon store allow in home and out of home streaming similar to the Android or iOS app? I'm more concerned about in home streaming. I bought the tablet because it was cheap enough but now I'm figuring out how my kids can get use from it.

5. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    I saw that the Fire Tablet was on sale, very very tempting, especially with 256 micro sd capability. But flac is Not a supported file format and I probably would not want to use a non-native app, other than Mediamonkey, which looks like is limited to the Fire Tablets supported file formats.

PCurry57 likes this.