Amazon Echo Integration

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by Winsafe, May 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Winsafe

Winsafe New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    Just linked an Echo DOT to a TiVo and had wanted to not have the Echo Dot mics 'listen' all the time. Unfortunately, ECHO DOT's remote control is done via voice and bluetooth with a proprietary ECHO DOT remote. Discovered a work around is to put the ECHO DOT mics on mute manually via its push button and then use the ECHO DOT remote 'press to talk' function to give the much needed privacy control. In other words even when on manual mic mute the ECHO DOT will respond to near field bluetooth voice via its own remote. Better privacy in general than none. Would be nice if TiVo and Amazon worked together to allow a Tivo Remote to mute and unmute the mics on an a linked Echo DOT without having t buy and to have handy yet another remote.

2. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
    Old thread, sorry to bump, but I came across it and just wanted to mention that the Amazon Dash Wand has "push to talk" functionality and works perfectly for this task. They can be found on eBay for $5 these days.

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland

Wow, you must be working on some super secret stuff.

4. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
    This seems like an unnecessarily antagonistic reply, especially since it’s a very old thread.

5. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Didn't see the age, and the smiley apparently got missed when I was posting.

6. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    And now it is dead. I had not used mine since I added a dot to my office.