Amazon Cloud Player for Tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mistakite, Apr 21, 2011.

1. mistakite

mistakite New Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Does anyone else thing it'd be awesome if Tivo supported an Amazon Cloud player? I, for one, would LOVE it.

2. JimboG

JimboG New Member

May 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I'd love it if they finished the HD user interface on the Premiere, then updated the Netflix app and let Youtube stream in HD on our super-duper HD "one box".:rolleyes:

Don't ask for more half-baked features until they finish the ones they've already released (in beta) or announced for the indefinite future (like Hulu Plus).

3. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    First get the damed HDUI fixed before any thing else.

4. wmelnick

wmelnick New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    If there was one it would be down since Thursday. I will never trust Amazon for anything mission-critical after this.

5. cnj29fornow

cnj29fornow New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    MD and NJ
    I would ***LOVE*** to see amazon cloud integrated with TiVo. They've alredy been set for years with VOD (or, "unbox" as it was called back in the day when it was first launched), so technically they should be able to do it with relative ease. There might be RIAA restrictions or pending negotiations (?) delaying an amazon cloud for TiVo app, though. For now, I've been streaming via my droid bionic through my A/V system via the droid's HDMI output.

Other than amazon cloud support, TiVo does everything I want and need.... and more.

6. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    Considering we still don't have 'Amazon Prime' support, the Tivo is due for some much needed attention from Amazon or Tivo or whomever implements these sorts of things.

Personally, I'm considering saying 'to hell with it' and buying a Roku.

7. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    It would be great. Tivo could implement some half baked app that would work for some but not others and only half the time. As the Amazon Cloud player evolved, Tivo could sit on their hands and do nothing to keep up with the technology. Lastly, Tivo could remove the service in a couple of years without even bothering to notify customers.

8. HeatherA

HeatherA Old AVS Forum Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Haha I guessed the responses to this thread before I even opened it and read the initial post! :)

9. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    They don't even support streaming from Amazon Instant (it is the only device that doesn't btw). No way they would add the cloud player.

10. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    You're giving them too much credit. It would be like the second core, where it was announced and then no word was heard about it again. ever.

11. jim _h

jim _h Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Has anyone ever heard anything more about Amazon Cloud player on the Tivo?

Or about any other way to store music on a cloud service and stream it from the Tivo?