Amazon App: Closed captions always come back

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by [XR]serg, Aug 28, 2016.

1. [XR]serg

[XR]serg New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Hi I have a Roamio OTA and often stream content from Netflix / Amazon.

For some time now whenever a play a title from amazon the closed captions default to ON. I can easily disable them, but each time a new title starts they're back on again.

This only happens in the Amazon app, and only on my TiVo device. I also utilize amazon video via phone, another smart TV, and computer. None of them have the same issue.

Anyone encountered this? Is there a way to clear configuration of the amazon app, or something else that might help?

Thanks!

2. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Do a search on the forum and you'll see a fix posted in a topic about it. I don't recall exactly what it was but it's definitely here.

3. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    On the episode information panel, before you start actually playing the episode, just below the episode title there is a row like this:
    Overview _ More Episodes _ More Seasons _ Customers Also Watched _ Cast _ More From IMDb _ Captions​
    Cursor up and over so that "Captions" is highlighted orange and select it; then highlight "Captions Off" and select it.

One would think that this would set captions for the just that particular episode, but what it actually does is set the general captions setting for everything you play. As you have discovered, when you set captions on or off while actually playing an episode, the setting does not persist.

4. [XR]serg

[XR]serg New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    That was it! Thanks so much it has been driving my wife and I crazy!