Amazing Race - OAD 4/28/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TonyTheTiger, Apr 29, 2013.

1. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006

Advertisements

Finally! That whiny b*tch is gone!

I knew when they had to do the physical task with the barrels that they wouldn't get there before the roller derby moms.

I'm thinking that next week's two-hour finale will be two single episodes with a Philimination at the end of the first hour, then a flight to somewhere (coastal) in the US for the second hour. Or possibly straight to the final destination at the beginning of the first.

Not sure who I want to win, now. The final four are all pretty non-descript.

2. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I now who I don't want to win - Max and Katie

I would love to see Roller Derby moms win but I think it is a long shot.

3. bikegeek

bikegeek Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Amesbury, MA
    Any team but Max and Kate would be great.

4. PKurmas

PKurmas Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Savannah GA
    I expected the hockey brothers to get a penalty for carrying the barrels instead of rolling them. I guess carrying 100 pound barrels wasn't considered an unfair advantage.

I was mildly hopeful for the Roller Derby Moms when the whiny-boy suggested that his partner roll one barrel at a time with him. The editing certainly made it look like getting lost in Edinburgh would be the end of the Moms.

5. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX

Advertisements

I also wondered about carrying the barrels. I guess the clue didn't require them to be rolled the whole way.

I wasn't buying into the editing at the end of the episode, although getting lost could have been the death knell for the Roller Derby Moms. But they were trying too hard to convince me. I've been watching this show too long. ;)

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Exactly my thoughts. I knew they were just doing their normal editing to make it look close.

Did anyone watch the preview for next week and recognize where the finish line is? I'm just guessing, but was it:
    George Washington's home, Mount Vernon?

7. WO312

WO312 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    Could be, according to the program description in the To-Do list.

8. Jayjoans

Jayjoans Active Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    Yep. It was that place. Spent some time there recently.

9. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    was anyone else wondering why two of the stronger teams u-turned two of the weaker teams?

sure, you don't want to incite ill will, but this close to the money, wouldn't it be a winning strategy to at least try to eliminate a strong competitor?

10. Honora

Honora Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Yep, I'd know that back porch anywhere.

11. Honora

Honora Member

Oct 16, 2006
    I really expected Max & Katie to UTurn the Hockey boys or Singers, whichever one was behind them. Considering how cut-throat they were talking back at the beginning of the race.

12. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I was hoping that the hockey players or countr singers would u-turn Max and Katie, since Max and Katie obviously found the earlier flight and did not tell the members of their alliance.

Although based on how dark it was when the last two teams arrived I don't think u-turning any of the top three teams woul dhave made a difference.

13. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    What do you have against Miss Youtube? ;)

Pulling for Roller Derby Moms now. If Max/Katie screwed the other two in their alliance that'd be hilarious, I know they'd have no problem doing it.

14. eddyj

eddyj SeƱor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Yeah, they really should have been, based on this. They find the flight and hide from their alliance hoping they will not find it? Not very alliancy!

15. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Very good point. They should've U-turned that couple just on that alone.

16. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    That's how it's been done the last several season, 2 separate episodes. Down to 3, then fly to the US for the final leg.

17. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    I am hoping for the hockey team to place 1st. I think they have played a pretty good game overall.

I was happy to see team youtube go home. I don't think they are that competitive, nor are they blondes but they are more fun to watch. The roller derby moms kicked some major butt this week coming from behind. I think it will be a run to the finish for them and the hockey guys.

18. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Absolutely nothing. I said 'whiny b*tch', so I wasn't talking about HER at all!!! ;)

19. Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    This blew me away at first. The way they set up the task, I thought the barrels were full. Full of whisky, those 53 gallon barrels are around 500lbs and worth around $10k for the "cheaper" brands. :eek: When he dropped the barrel like that, I was worried for both his health and the barrel's. :)

20. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I was drinking some Scotch while I was watching this episode. I thought that was appropriate. :p