Amazing Race OAD 12/11/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by caslu, Dec 11, 2011.

1. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Very disappointing... I wasn't rooting for a particular team but the gaps between each of them were so vast there was absolutely no suspense whatsoever as to who was going to win, despite the editors trying to fabricate a bit of suspense.

2. CharlieW

CharlieW Go to the mall.

May 30, 2001
    Jersey Shore
    Bleh.

3. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I knew it was going to be a terribly boring ending when they started out with 5 minutes of airport b-roll.

4. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    There's definitely a trade off between difficult tasks with difficult clues and dramatic endings.

5. mike_k

mike_k Registered User

Sep 20, 2005
    Mason, OH
    Bleh is right. This is the first final that I fast forwarded through the last 30 minutes. Pompous Cindy was extremely annoying.

6. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    This. About the worst final since the Family edition. I also fast forwarded through almost the entire episode.

7. FireMen2003

FireMen2003 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
    No surprise, someone sent them to The Dump in Lindbergh instead of Margaret Mitchell House.

Marcus, Marcus, Marcus....*sigh*

Didn't he just need to pull back on the brakes once they landed hence why they were going off in the grass? :confused:

Aww well. Awaiting next season! :up:

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Agreed that this sucked. Gotta be frustrating for the producers when they set up what should have been an epic final task and none of the teams are even there at the same time. Very anticlimactic.

We have The Dump here in Phoenix too. Funny that's where Jeremy and Sandy ended up. Seems like they should have realized it wasn't a former residence quicker than they did.

9. FireMen2003

FireMen2003 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Yea especially after the guy said, it was a former Home Depot...

10. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Boring ending.. Will still probably watch future seasons.

11. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Tiger-Mom Training FTW ;)

Guess smartphones w/ Google haven't made it to Atlanta: Google Search 44 715 74 atlanta brings Hank Aaron wiki as the first result..

The maps challenge was borked. Shouldn't have let partners help and failing should have started over.

12. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Well once the dating people actually asked someone to borrow their smartphone and googled it they found it easily enough. :)

13. RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    The brakes had nothing to do with it. He was steering with the yoke. Jets either steer with the feet or a steering dial on the console. And the brake are also pushed, not pulled. But wow, what a craptastic performance for the home team.

I'm fine with the winner, they performed when it counted.

14. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I agree with Phil. I don't ever want to be on a plane piloted by Marcus. :)

We also have "The Dump" stores in DFW so I just knew that's where someone was going to end up.

15. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
    We have them here in Houston, too. The stores are the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the clue.

16. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Regarding The Dump, they should have Googled "famous Dump Atlanta". TAR almost always goes to unique, famous locations. When have they ever gone to a suburban retail store? Poor choice, but in the heat of the moment I guess the generic dating couple weren't thinking straight.

I sure hope it didn't take the teams as long as the editing showed to find a substitute for the "1" key on the typewriter. :rolleyes: Jeez, how hard was that? But, then again, I learned to type on an actual typewriter back when the one and the lower case l looked almost identical. (Remember pica and elite?)

Glad to see Marcus and Amani at least make it to the mat in the final three. I, for one, enjoyed all the NFL talk. Marcus has an amazing athlete's body and a great attitude. :up:

I guess Phil overestimated the difficulty of the final map task. :p

17. RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    I doubt any of them ever used a typewriter. While using the lower case L was common then I doubt they would know. Having said that, how hard could it be to try them all.

Re Pica and Elite. In my last semester of college we had a big lab project that was really long. So, we split it to type it. Wasn't till we were done that we realized the first half was Pica and the second was Elite. Due to time pressure we begged for an exception and turned it in that way.

18. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
    I learned to type on a typewriter, too. Although I never encountered one without a 1 key, I remembered hearing about typewriters without them and that people used the lower case L instead.

19. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    So let's see. In Europe, they go to a car proving ground, and all the guys do the driving test.

In Atlanta, they go to the Lear Jet facility, and all the guys do the piloting, and the girls are the co-pilots. :rolleyes:

What's the point of having a similar challenge twice, especially if you let the same people do it both times?

Why not have them switch seats and ask both members of the team to perform the challenge before they can leave?

20. plateau10

plateau10 New Member

Dec 11, 2007