Amazing Race OAD 11/20

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by debtoine, Nov 20, 2011.

1. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ

Advertisements

How lucky were Ernie and Cindy? As soon as she said the leg was almost over, I knew it wouldn't be by the end of the episode.

I love when they're in Benelux. It's always fun to see places I've been.

deb

2. omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    Are they going to get penalized for losing the train tickets? My wife has a grudge against them for u-turning Lou and Zach.

3. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I walked by that boat in Copenhagen this past summer. Beautiful city, I wish the weather had been better.

Although I wanted to go ride their coasters, I had to skip Legoland because I didn't have an easy/timely way to get to Billund.

4. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Who and who? Lou and Zach?

Also I felt like Legoland US missed an ad opportunity here. Their Florida park just opened and I did not see a single commercial for it. You think they would try to capitalize and do a cross promotion.

5. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH

Advertisements

Guessing he means Laurence and Zac.

I can't believe that Ernie and Cindy got away with having no train tickets... not from a race standpoint, since we don't know yet whether or not they will be penalized at all, but just from a "people riding on the train" standpoint!

Really? I can hop onto an overnight train, claim a sleeper car, and they don't even do anything? And then no one even bothers to check tickets on a second train?!

6. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Ahh that explains it somewhat. Laurence and Zac were U Turned though by Bill and Cathi who were U Trurned by Ernie and Cindy so I guess indirectly they were the cause of that team getting booted.

As far as the sleeper car they had those tickets, they just did not have the tickets for the second train. I was actually wanting to see them get busted as I wondered when/if the show would intervene, but it would have been more entertaining to see Ernie and Cindy taken away in handcuffs in a foreign country.

7. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Did anyone else notice (I'm sure many did) after Bill and Cathi got the directions to LegoLand from the hotel, the desk guy handed them their clue as they started to walk away without it - they would have just left it there (but maybe not for long if they remembered right away).

And has Cindy been taking a heck of a beating during the Race? She seemed to have an awful lot of bruises on her lower body.

8. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    Man, Cindy's bruises were crazy.

I really don't know how they got away with not having their tickets. I was in Europe in September and took the trains everywhere, and never had a trip between cities (no matter how short) where the conductor didn't come by. In fact, on the trips that crossed a border, they usually checked in both countries. Cologne to Brussels is at least a 2 hour trip, so it's not like they didn't have time.

Perhaps the conductor knew it was a group of travelers all from the Amazing Race and didn't bother to check them.

9. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    We lost a little drama with this being a double leg, no elimination in Brussels.

Those were some tricky tasks this week. I didn't catch that they had to act out the poem so much, thought the first couple people looked goofy doing it, but we saw it really mattered. The puzzle one must have been tough, if only not to lose the pieces you were trying to assemble. The body building looked tougher than any of the "remember the dance steps" tasks in the past ( especially when you throw in the embarrassment factor )

This was a good leg to watch, lots happening. They really got lucky on the lost ticket issue. Cologne - Brussels looks to be about 120-130 miles via rail, so there should have been ample opportunity for a conductor to come by. It would have been interesting to see how the producers dealt with it if they had been caught Technically they did buy tickets, so would this be the same as stiffing a cab driver? They might have been able to tell a good story, point out all the other racers and camera crews and convinced a conductor they just dropped the ticket. Perhaps just the presence of the camera crew is what had the conductor pass them by.

10. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
    I was surprised that the ride made so many of them feel sick. Is susceptibility to motion sickness that common?

11. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    I can ride every roller coaster in an amusement park without issue, but those tea cup style rides put me over the edge. Adding in trying to concentrate on assembling a puzzle would have me reaching for the barf-bag pretty quickly.

12. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Some people bruise very easily; had a girl on our softball team that would bruise all over her legs but would come play ball every week. Or Ernie could be facing charges from Interpol.. j/k

The whole bodybuilding posedown was a disaster in the making. I was ready for some horrible bodies but peeps were in shape even Bill and Cathi.

Lol Armani talking about all the great players Marcus played with...um Walter Payton?

13. Byteofram

Byteofram Survivor of C-bus

Oct 29, 2004
    Buckeye Land

I thought she said Peyton...as in Peyton Manning, the Colts quaterback.

14. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Are you sure? I thought they lost all the tickets.

15. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I am fairly sure as they said maybe we can get a reprint in the second city as well as other comments which led me to believe it was the tickets for the second leg. Maybe someone else can confirm as I may or may not have the episode still and do not have time until this evening to review my recording.

16. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Yes, it was just the tickets for the second leg of the trip - once they changed trains.

Did anybody see the actor dude blink at all? There was just something creepy looking about that guy.

17. lambertman

lambertman I am not Bertman

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    Cindy tweeted this:

"they never showed how I got bruises. Major bike accident delivering the fish in malawi. crushed under 2 bikes & 2 full grown men."

18. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Funniest moment for me-Phil demonstrating the poses and getting 1's and 2's from the judges...and of course lifting his eyebrow in consternation...:D:p

He's a fine-looking man! ;):eek:

Marcus kept saying, "Let us get a break-let us get a break.." They have gotten so many breaks during this race! As many have said, they have got to be the luckiest so-and-sos.....;)

19. RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    I stayed in the hotel behind the ship in the opening shot in Copenhagen. Plus, been a few of the places in Belgium, though certainly not as many as you.

20. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    There has to be a penalty for the travel without train tickets. I agree they paid for them, so they're ok morally, but it's illegal to ride that train without a ticket.

The question will be how severe a penalty. 30 minutes, an hour, a couple of hours?