Amazing Race 9/13/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by wendiness1, Nov 14, 2011.

1. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    It always amazes me when people take a U-turn personally, especiallly when they U-turned someone else previously..

Glad they went somewhere different (Denmark).

Astonishing good luck on the park of Amani and ?. I really thought they were done for.

Butter churning looked like it took MUCH longer than the bunny challenge.

2. Tivortex

Tivortex Cherished Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Colorado
    How can you seriously be in a "race" and not consider the fact that one (or more) of your opponents may have taken the earlier flight? Chill and watch some airplanes.

U-turn revenge coming in the future?

3. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    The bunny challenge was the cutest thing ever! Phil's demo cake of butter was crappy. :)

4. MarkofT

MarkofT ****

Jul 27, 2001
    Where Texas...
    If you watched the lady with the clue during his demo, you could see her laughing at his attempt.

5. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    That's Lawrence for you. He was about the only racer this season who I didn't like. Always putting his son down and saying how much better HE was at doing things. Did you hear his put-down at the exit interview - that HE could've done much better at the dancing? SO typical. Glad to be rid of him.

6. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Ernie & Cindy finally win a prize! Well, I guess the Express Pass was a prize, but I think they threw that away.

7. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I think two teams made strategic errors this leg. Amani and husband did not try to catch an earlier flight even though it specifically said in the clue (IIRC) that other arrangements could be made.

Then Ernie & Cindy U-Turning a team that was somewhat close just so they can win a leg. Yes the grandparents are surprising everyone but I would have U-Turned the snow boarders because they have been performing so well but today they were around middle of the pack this leg and maybe could have fumbled some and been knocked out.

Now of cause Lawrence and Son and the other couple did make a mistake of driving the incorrect way but that isn't strategy, that is just not paying attention.

8. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    I love the idea of being occupied as a "racing bunny trainer"!

Unusual to see Phil actually attempting the challenges - albeit just the final part of them.

I still like the snowboarders. Am I the only one who thinks of Garth whenever the non-bearded one is on screen?

9. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Can you fix the thread title?

Amazed Marcus and Amani are still in it. I've been rooting for them, but honestly for they don't deserve to be in the race still for all the mental mistakes they've been making. :(

I'm surprised to see so many teams going in the wrong direction when driving. Didn't they bring a compass?

10. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I can't believe that Marcus and Amani made it out of that hole they dug themselves with the flight. Why would you not even try to find an earlier flight?!

I also can't believe that... dating couple that I still have no idea what their names are (??) made it out of the hole that they dug themselves with getting lost TWICE. I guess the first time, they weren't technically lost, they just assumed they were supposed to go to the wrong place and had to go back, but man how much time did they waste doing that! The place opened at 7:30, and I think M+A's flight was supposed to land at 8:20 if I'm remembering the captions correctly... so by the time they got out of the airport and found their way to the clue, it was probably like almost 9:00, and they ran into the other team coming back.

I don't really know if I just have really good directional sense or if the people on the show have incredibly bad directional sense, but my SO and I have done a lot of driving all over the country and I am always in charge of the maps. It boggles my mind how these people look at maps and say "I know where we are" and "I know where we're going" and then later say "we're going in the wrong direction." I don't understand how you can go in the wrong direction for that long and not even know!

11. sburnside1

sburnside1 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I am liking this season so far. I think all the remaining teams are ones I would like to see win. The poor dating couple hasn't been on screen enough to know anything about them though.

I was glad to see the "parents" use the u-turn. I was really hoping it would knock the father/son team out. That dad is a jerk.

Marcus is hilarious. They have made a few big mistakes this season, but they have been entertaining in a good way the entire time. I am willing to bet that they are invited back again.

I would love to see a final 3 of Amani and Marcus/ snow boarders/ Parents. I like those 3 teams the best and think the finale would be fun.

12. lalouque

lalouque Quilter-Cat Slave TCF Club

Feb 11, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I knew Laurence and Zac were goners when they started showing Laurence saying "nice" things about his son at the dancing road block.

13. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    I found it really amusing that the grandparents bitched about somebody U-Turning them while at literally the same time they were U-Turning somebody else.

14. WO312

WO312 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    To be fair to them, once they were U-turned, I think they did the U-turn for defensive reasons.

15. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    "Bastards"

16. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    Even though it didn't make a difference in this episode, I don't like that a U-Turned team can U-Turn another team before they've completed the U-Turn.

17. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    I didn't get that either - it didn't seem fair to me.

18. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    Wow, didn't even notice that. Guess I'm living in the past.

MODERATOR: Can you change the title to reflect the date 11/13/11?

19. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    +1.

Lawrence is a tool, and I'm glad he is gone from my TV screen. What a sexist arrogant jerk.

Both Amani and Marcus and Jeremy and Sandy deserved to be Philiminated after all those stupid mistakes. But I'm still glad it was Lawrence.

Mom and Pop were very impressive. Even though they were annoyed at the U-turn, they still went about the business of bunny hopping with a minimum of fuss and drama, and still came in second. Kudos to them.

I still hate everything about the U-turn though. It is just plain out sabotage, and I don't understand why TPTB think it adds something to the race.

20. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    "We choose not to U-turn anybody" was said by at least two sets of contestants - AFTER they were both used and they couldn't U-turn anyone anyway!

What's up with that?

...and GO Grannies!! :)