Amazing Race - 5/3/09

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, May 3, 2009.

1. May 3, 2009 #1 of 71
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table

Advertisements

Good finish, I wish both teams could have been eliminated, they both deserved it. I'd pee my pants for a 1 in 3 shot at a million.

Margie looked like the Joker.

Anything can happen of course and it only takes one mistake to lose but Tammy and Victor have to be huge favorites.

2. May 3, 2009 #2 of 71
    Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    What's with Jen talking about herself in the third person? She said something like "Jen is about to run the 100 in about 9 seconds..." Amnesia doesn't like that...

3. May 3, 2009 #3 of 71
    PKurmas

PKurmas Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Savannah GA
    If it was seconds, why was there no sign of the cheerleaders at the mat when the sisters arrived? I'd like to know how close they were!

I really felt like the cheerleaders deserved to be eliminated after the wandering around for hours looking for the clue box.

I'm solidly rooting for Victor & Tammy now... though I'm sure the lead will do them no good with the bunch-up that will occur at the airport.

4. May 3, 2009 #4 of 71
    HoosierFan

HoosierFan Board game geek

May 8, 2001
    North...
    My wife came up with the line of the night "She just pissed away a million dollars."

Tammy and Victor sure had a huge advantage that leg.

5. May 3, 2009 #5 of 71
    Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA

Advertisements

Yep, you'd better believe there would be some piss-stained streaks down my pants by the time I stepped on that mat. What were they DOING? Idiots!

6. May 3, 2009 #6 of 71
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I wish TAR had a reunion show so they can put Jaime on the spot and make her relive the "ugly american" she portrayed everywhere she went!

7. May 3, 2009 #7 of 71
    mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    Well played!!

8. May 4, 2009 #8 of 71
    FireMen2003

FireMen2003 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Stupid, stupid decision.

Aww well...I guess another week of Jamie & company bitchin and moaning....

9. May 4, 2009 #9 of 71
    spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Man...I can't believe that!! Talk about a decision you will regret the rest of your life....why not just piss your pants if you know you are that close?

10. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    And if it really was 5 minutes or longer, I wonder if Phil told them.

Imagine going your whole life thinking you pissed the chance at a million away, when you really didn't.

-smak-

11. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    I hope they all lose.

12. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I like how Victor told Tammy he'd be quiet and allow her to relay the order to the cook and then kept interrupting.. a leopard can't change his spots too easily. :)

Kisha & Jen really got a break in the waiter challenge. To my untrained ear they didn't sound much better the last time around from the beginning.

Cara totally rocked in the eating challenge. The starfish innards was the worst of the bunch for me.

Again Luke was his pissy self. Riding an electric bike in that traffic w/o being able to hear horns is a death-wish.

13. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I feel bad for the sisters, they really tried hard this leg and while not perfect, they seem to be nicer people than the cheerleaders.

I don't think the pee stop cost them the race though. If it'd been that close, wouldn't the cheerleaders still have been in the area of the mat?

14. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    I loved the subtitle translations of the sister's attempts to order the food. :p

My stupid FiOS DVD crapped out and I missed the "piss event". Can someone sum it up for me?

15. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    There have been close finishes where you don't see the other team(s) at the mat. It would only take them about 5 seconds to move the cheerleaders out of camera range. The sisters could have been 30 seconds behind or 10 minutes behind.

16. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    From drinking four bottles of water at the food roadblock, Jen had to pee so bad she stopped at a porta-potty after they arrived at the Bird's Nest near where Phil was waiting at the mat. The editing made it seem like that cost them the race.

17. cheerdude

cheerdude Reed & Juliet's CPA

Feb 27, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Sisters finished the eating challenge before the cheerleaders... however, had a bit of trouble getting a taxi - still left before the cheerleaders were done.

When the taxis get to the Bird's Nest... the sister that did the eating challenge has to pee because she drunk a bunch of water to get the food down. This supposedly allows the cheerleaders to get to the pit stop before them.

There is no way to tell how much time was between them... it could of been seconds, which would lead you to believe that the bathroom break was the deciding factor ... but it could have also been because the cheerleader's taxi seemed so much faster.

18. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Darnit. I hate that Luke outlasted the sisters. I'm sick of that kid. And the mom too, for that matter. She probably breast fed him till he was 7. No wonder he never learned to talk. I know it's dreadfully hard work, but come on, looked what you've raised.

Tammy and Victor didn't even break a sweat in China. Tammy has been my favorite racer from early on (Victor, not so much), but I was annoyed at how this leg was basically handed to them. I guess they u-turned the right team, but I don't really like that there is a u-turn this late in the race.

The cheerleaders had the best taxi driver of all time. I too doubt that the sisters were really as close as they said.

I don't think I would pee on myself unless it was the last leg, or if I actually saw the last team right behind me. Of course, being a guy, I'd just find a bush or a Mao statue.

I'm not all that excited about the finale, what with only one racer to root for. Too bad they're not racing through Singapore--a caning detour might be entertaining.

19. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I agree with your sentiments. The race was really tailor made for Victor/Tammy to win, with so much of the last three weeks in China. That said, they are the team I'm rooting for. I THINK that Phil sort of hinted that the sisters might have lost because of the potty break, but you never know. I hope they tell us at some point.

I'm not sure I'd pee on a bush (or a Mao statue for that matter) in Communist China. It's hard to spend a million dollars in a Chinese prison!! LOL. I kept saying....pee in your pants it's a million dollars!!! And if she had, it would have been interesting how they filmed them on the mat!!

20. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
    He knows how to talk. He probably knows he sounds kind of weird and is self conscious about it. Oscar winning actress Marlee Matlin doesn't talk much either. When she's on a talk show, she always has an assistant to speak for her.