Amazing Race - 5/2/2010

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jradosh, May 3, 2010.

1. May 3, 2010 #1 of 59
    jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...

Advertisements

I'm sorry the cops couldn't catch up to the brothers. Those brothers seriously got on my nerves this episode. Granted, I understand they're competitive and frustrated and all that... but man they were acting like pissy, snot-nosed little children :rolleyes:

I couldn't believe how the beauty queen wasn't allowing BF to go pee. What a *****. Of course he lost all his man-points by even asking permission.

This was the first time I think the cowboys looked a littled PO'd not to come in first. I wonder how close it really was? Still, they were gracious as usual.

About next week's previews...
    Climbing Hoyt Tower looked really cool (and scary)

Go Cowboys! :D

2. May 3, 2010 #2 of 59
    ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Is there some reason why people don't understand the language barrier? If somebody doesn't understand the word "follow," yelling it repeatedly over and over isn't going to make them figure it out. It was up to the brothers to better pantomime what they wanted the driver to do before they hopped into the car. Depending on a cab to follow another in Shanghai's traffic seems to be a bit ridiculous anyway.

I'm rather amazed everybody went for the needle in the haystack challenge. I would've rather been trying to find my way somewhere instead.

3. May 3, 2010 #3 of 59
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    +1...and why did she have to go with him!

4. May 3, 2010 #4 of 59
    IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    I new immediately what it was, just surprised they got permission.

5. May 3, 2010 #5 of 59
    IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...

Advertisements

Tasks have to be done together.

Wonder if they got to keep the chop? I have one my parents had made for me. Used to seal letters with it.

6. May 3, 2010 #6 of 59
    TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    It sounded like she could not continue the roadblock if he left (they may even have to stay together.)

7. May 3, 2010 #7 of 59
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Me too, on both counts.

8. May 3, 2010 #8 of 59
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    IMO he lost his man points by not crossing his damn legs and continuing to look for the chop. It's a race for one million dollars, he should have peed himself if that's what it took.

As it was, he lucked out and it didn't hurt them, but he's still the biggest wuss in the race.

9. May 3, 2010 #9 of 59
    Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Go Cowboys!! I don't really like the other two teams.

10. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    I wish the detectives had gotten third, and not the whiner brothers. They're just too uptight. I can't believe they spent over 2 hours looking of the Garden Bridge, and *still* didn't find it and needed the detectives to help them out. :thumbsdown: Their cab driver was amazingly calm considering how ballistic the brothers were in the back seat - probably because he couldn't understand a word the brothers said! (FOLLOW!) :p

That tall guy at the end was really tall!

11. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Elimination Station is satisfying this week. Jeff vs Joe. Joe has been whining about being U-Turned for weeks (or days, I guess), and he finally gets to talk to Mike and Louie. He doesn't like what he hears.

12. omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    Minor correction, it's "Coit" tower in San Francisco.

13. catcard

catcard MoxiDVR

Mar 2, 2001
    Honey...
    The Cowboys have to win! Go Cowboys!!

14. tonestert

tonestert Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Charlottesvi...
    Was that not the easiest speed bump ever ? Throw a coin threw an opening. Must have took them 5 minutes at most.

15. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    I was wondering if they couldn't have taken a handful of the coins and thrown them all-at-once.

16. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    At least they had to do something that required some sort of skill set vs. just serving tea to some random dude (previous season). I forgot what the speed bumps were for J&J and the Cowboys earlier this season.

17. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Yeah, I gave that one a great big rolleyes when I saw it. :rolleyes:

18. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Wow... he really is an ass. :eek:

19. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I still maintain that BF makes her look like a Rhodes Scholar. He's dumber than a post (and totally whipped by her too). I too am rooting for the cowboys, but I really don't hate any of the teams left. Would have loved the detectives to stay, but their bad game play finally caught up with them. I was surprised they made the speed bump so easy. the conspiracy theorist in my thinks that the producers were rooting form them to stay in the race, but really, I'm sure that any of them would have had to do the same thing.

I'm psyched the finale will be in San Fran having just visited there. Looks like one of the challenges will have a George Lucas theme, as he lives up there.

20. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Sunny SoCal
    I lost what little respect I had for the brothers after that performance. I also was surprised the Cops didn't figure out the bro's were just using them to find the bridge. The cops lost because they were too nice & couldn't switch from the mode of 'working with friends' to 'working against competitors'.