Amazing Race - 4/17/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, Apr 17, 2011.

1. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table

Advertisements

No surprise it was a non elim. Cowboys got lucky again. This time they took a later flight on purpose. I didn't pay close attention, I assume they had less connecting flights so they thought that was better?

Oh, and Kent is a whiny b**ch.

2. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Oh my, yes.

This is the first episode in a while that I've really enjoyed. Classic tasks that really emphasized the physical and mental exertion aspect of the race, more cryptic clues, and more racers getting burned by the detour.

But holy crap, Mallory is annoying.

3. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I laughed when Zev made the "that's what she said" joke. :)

4. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    He is unbearable! Vixen (or Vicky, as he called her) could so kick his butt! She could have done better carrying the couch without him.

That was hilarious!

5. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

Advertisements

Huge understatement.

6. pudding7

pudding7 New Member

May 13, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The navigation system in the 2012 Ford Focus must suck. It is apparently not as good as asking random strangers at gas stations to draw on your giant folding map.

And they tried very hard to make a really, really, really boring and easy task (chimney sweep thing) seem dramatic.

7. Jeff_in_Bklyn

Jeff_in_Bklyn Active Member

Apr 26, 2003
    I liked when Mallory said "I can throw up and we can try again" after failing at the eating challenge. Must have been a flash back to her pageant days with all the Binge & Purging. :)

8. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    I'm guessing they weren't allowed to use the navigation system in the car which kind of sucked for Ford as far as product placement goes.

9. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    What About "I have to pee"!

10. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    Reviewing my behavior on a recent road trip to California, I'm trying not to judge people to give in to frustration now and again.

(I'm not so forgiving of ugly Americans who pee in public.)

11. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    It's a race for a million bucks. You pee outside if you have to pee.

The "ugly American" phrase is so played out. Comment about wanting to leave the most unsanitary and polluted country in the world (India) and it's "ugly American". Pee outside during a race (in which that pee might have actually cost them the race), "ugly Americans". :rolleyes:

On to the race. I would have preferred to see the stupid vampires go. I thought the challenge couldn't have been worse for them and it was their time to finally be eliminated. The skinny one couldn't carry 50 lbs. I would have loved to see him try and eat a meal in 12 minutes. I guess they're made for each other.

Cowboys got lucky again that the other teams appear to be rather incompetent racers. You always pick the fastest flight. Picking the other one is taking the poor odds that the other flight gets delayed 1/2 hour AND your flight does not get delayed at all.

12. SurvivorFan

SurvivorFan & TiVo Loyalist

Mar 9, 2011
    is it...
    And then the long shot of him peeing against the wall. Welcome to Europe! :)

13. Gene S

Gene S Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Belleville, IL
    My guess, the NAV was based for the US and wouldn't be much use in Austria.

14. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    :up: loved it!

15. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    I FF'd a few scenes. Who did that?

BTW, lame ass eaters. I could easily scarf down that much schnitzel. Especially if you gave me some beer.... The cake OTOH, would have sucked.

16. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    One of the few times I've actually LOL'd at a reality TV show. That was awesome.

17. SurvivorFan

SurvivorFan & TiVo Loyalist

Mar 9, 2011
    is it...
    One of the Globetrotters.

18. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I don't know about the peeing thing. There's peeing outside and then there's peeing outside against the wall of a historic building. :)

19. Squeak

Squeak Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Anyone notice that some teams were smart and left their backpacks in the car (like the Cowboys), and others tried to do the tasks while carrying them (Gary and Mallory)?

Wonder if they are given enough context to know when it is ok to leave them and when it is not.

20. Squeak

Squeak Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yep, they were American-based cars with Michigan plates and USA international stickers on them.