Amazing Race 3/20/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by spikedavis, Mar 21, 2011.

1. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003

Advertisements

Dinosaur-style.

2. MarkofT

MarkofT ****

Jul 27, 2001
    Where Texas...
    :D.

3. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Two good things. We known the answer to the will Kint and vxysin get a penalty. Whiny redheads are gone. All good outcomes.

A bit surprised that they didn't have a statement about the situation in Japan since this leg officially started there.

4. Roadblock

Roadblock New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Phil says things just didn't go your way today to the girls. Whiny one says "things never go our way".

What a spoiled brat. Get lost already. Yes, things never go your way, what with the modeling and the free trips around the world. Life is rough.

5. SurvivorFan

SurvivorFan & TiVo Loyalist

Mar 9, 2011
    is it...

Advertisements

Sorry to see the readheads go. I like all the teams this season. The goths dodged a big bullet this week.

6. FourFourSeven

FourFourSeven New Member

Jan 3, 2003
    I think they meant within the context of the game, not their entire lives!

7. pops_porter

pops_porter Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    I'm still somewhat bothered the Kent and Vixen didn't go home, if you can't find Narita airport for 6 hours you don't deserve to be in the race. I like most teams this year but I'm fine with seeing the redheads go.

8. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Also happy to see them go. Their rudeness to the "host" country cab drivers and citizens is inexcusable and one clear reason why the rest of the world refers to us as arrogant.

As to comments about the situation in Japan, didn't last week's episode open with a comment from Phil or the producers? I seem to recall that it did.

9. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I prefer the tasks that are more difficult, like the dino thing, rather than jump in mud and try to find something. I also like all the teams this season (except for Ron). The cowboy music they play still cracks me up. The Goths did the right thing by giving the U-Turn to the cheerleaders. They absolutely had to make sure they did it to someone they knew for sure was behind them. I was never a big goth fan their first season but I like them this year. Kent's calm demeanor made a big difference I think. Many/most would have freaked out about driving the wrong way to the airport and leaving the bag in the tram.

10. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    All true.

I expected more crying about the U-Turn. Both teams did the right thing. K&V uturned the closest team to them on of two they knew was behind. Logical. Then the redhead uturned the only team that they knew was behind. All the other teams did the other task and they may have been ahead which would have wasted the turn and given them no advantage.

I got a kick out of Mallory and her dad skipping the task and still not winning.

BTW, Ron is still a whiny useless crybaby. K&V are under no obligation to tell anyone about the time penalty. I'd hide it too. I am somewhat surprised that Phil told them at the interim stop instead of waiting till the pit stop. That might have changed their strategy a lot.

11. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    I'm also pleased that Gary and Mallory didn't win the leg. They used the Express Pass, which is worthy of keeping them in the race but NOT a reason to gain $10,000! I'm glad it went to someone who at least ran the whole leg.

K&V got a HUGE break with everyone else having to wait for the train. They must have been a long way behind after losing their fanny pack and with the penalty. I loved that the 'trotters managed to survive being U-turned and still made it in 6th. I thought the doll challenge would be a problem for them, but they appeared to get it pretty quickly.

12. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
    It was funny when they referred to one of them as "bucket head."

13. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    It still annoys me that a team that is SO far behind AND has a penalty AND finishes last in the first part of a two part leg, winds up saved, and not only saved, but in the middle of the pack. There's just something not right about it. But ok, whatever, I still love the show. I'm also ok with the outcome, but I loved how Mallory and her dad using the express pass and not finishing first :) They might be the only team I don't care for. I find it interesting that two teams I didn't like the first time around, I really like this time. The mom and her sight impaired son and the goths. Although:

the coming attractions show the son having a classic meltdown like hie did the first time around, the reason I didn't like the team in the first place.

I have to check a map and see where it is in China that they were. China must have the biggest cities in the world nobody has ever heard of. I've never heard of the locations they were.

14. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
    FYP.

15. FourFourSeven

FourFourSeven New Member

Jan 3, 2003
    You know, it just clicked with me that last week's show was designed to mean literally nothing. Everyone was (supposed to be) on the exact same flight. At the end of all the tasks, they were told "you're still racing" and the next task was "take a train that is so far in the future, everyone will be bunched up"

It was kind of like a non-elimination leg with no penalty for finishing last and a "reset" due to the bottleneck in the middle. Kind of lame.

I don't mind bottlenecks, but there should be an elimination or at least a penalty for finishing last before a bottleneck. Otherwise, there is literally no point to an episode.

16. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Doh!!

17. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    It was obvious that the hip/pelvic joint on the dinosaur was going to be the most important/painful/time-consuming part, but most teams just slapped it together, only to have to completely backtrack and fix it later. :(

I thought it was interesting that the only person who thought the doll challenge was hard was Christina.

Bravo to Kent, who had the presence of mind (when everyone was shouting at him) to do the correct thing and U-turn the redheads. Very hard to do when they're standing there with you.

18. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Absolutely. That was a great move and took a lot of nerve.

19. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I really like him more and more. And I don't remember Vixen being so flaky / ditzy last time around.

20. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    She really seemed like she was having a nervous breakdown at the start of last week's episode. But yeah, Kent is really awesome this go around.