Amazing Race - 2/27/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, Feb 27, 2011.

1. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table

Advertisements

Extremely disappointed Ron is still in the race. Can't stand him.

2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jun 26, 1999
    McMurray, PA
    Until I saw the sun set and then Jet and Cord finally got to the flight sign-up board by the anchor, I thought the departure times were 6:00 and 6:30 PM, and wondered what would happen if a team completely missed a set of limited departure times.

I am glad that they're still in the race, but I was disappointed that there wasn't more of a penalty for their very poor performance at the marine flags.

I want to like Ron and Christina, but he is annoying and if he continues like this, I wouldn't be upset to see them gone.

3. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    Give me some good news Bill!

Go Cowboys!

It seemed like everyone did the harder/longer detour.

Z

4. Jeff_in_Bklyn

Jeff_in_Bklyn Active Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Thought it was funny the Chinese girl was still carrying around the big compass when they got to the Anchor. LOL

5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jun 26, 1999
    McMurray, PA

Advertisements

Aren't the teams required to carry around the items they collected during each leg to the pit stop?

6. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    Ron will never learn.

7. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    This episode was absolutely hilarious once they all started putting on their kangaroo costumes. I was LOL a few times. It was so amazingly absurd.

8. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    The cowboys should have been gone. That was very disappointing.

9. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    I like them, but yes, they should have been eliminated.

10. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I was hoping for that at the end. But as usual they edit it to make it look way closer than it actually is for the last 2 teams.

11. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Yeah they always make it look close at the end but I doubt it was. I'd love it if they would actually tell you.

12. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Normally when this is required, the clue tells them. e.g. "take your travelocity roving knome" with you to the pitstop.

13. IJustLikeTivo

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    +1. Unless it's a non elimination in which case, sometimes you find out the next day on departure.

14. danplaysbass

danplaysbass I watch too much TV.

Jul 19, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Funny how Amanda and Kris were killed by the same thing as last time. Somebody mentioned in last weeks thread that they didn't remember them. I think its because they were pretty quiet racers. They didn't fight too much or bicker. They weren't dramatic or really bad. They did the race.

15. Steve_Martin

Steve_Martin Grandminion

Jul 18, 2004
    Orange...
    Yeah, he seemed especially arrogant this episode.

16. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I realize that editing plays a major role in how each person is perceived but I have a pretty good feeling Ron is an annoying, whining ahole pretty much all the time.

17. IJustLikeTivo

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Agreed. They played it last time as if he had changed but it's clear he's the same colossal PITA and control freak he was last time. Having said that, he was right last night. Don't just run in a direction without a reason. You do need to have a plan.

18. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I said I didn't remember them. And now that they are gone, I think I've already forgotten them again. :eek: They are just very forgettable with no discernible personalities, other than being not very bright.

I forgot how much I disliked Ron the first time around. He didn't learn much after watching himself on the race, I guess. Just as big a jerk this time.

I agreed with him on one thing: Mallory is hysterical. All the time. She is so freaking annoying with the constant shrieking. I would not want to follow her either, esp when she has no idea where she's going, just running and shrieking.

19. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I was really rooting for Amanda and Kris to pull an upset.

As for Ron saying they shouldn't just run in a direction, I think as the contestants drove into the town they saw the people in front of them and this group Ron was in was running to where they saw their competition. It makes sense unless if there was someone they could've asked. Ron did have a point, but he's so F&@#king whiny I just took it as him whining.

I have to say the cowboys looked like idiots in these 2 episodes. Unless they start racing better I might have to pick a new team to cheer for.

20. mike_k

mike_k Registered User

Sep 20, 2005
    Mason, OH
    I was wondering if it really wasn't as close as they showed - or if it was close but they held up Amanda and Kris at the end to give Ron and Christina some mat time.