Amazing Race - 11/8/09

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Nov 8, 2009 #1 of 62
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table

Advertisements

Kind of figured it was a non elim since they were due for one and there are only 5 teams left. I liked the switchback, that was a classic task. I wanted to slap Dan. Ericka too. Still like the Trotters.

2. Nov 8, 2009 #2 of 62
    Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Yeah, the Globe Trotters looked like the were having fun even during the task.

Now, I never saw season six so I did not know about the task but why when you see those large hay bales would you send the woman out to do it?

I'm glad it was a non-elimination leg. I like the father and son.

3. Nov 8, 2009 #3 of 62
    YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I'm hoping the Globetrotters win. I really appreciate that they're having so much fun with each other and the whole race. Other than the father and son, seems like all the other teams have had their moments of taking the game WAAAY too seriously.

And for some reason I just don't care for Cheyne and whatsername. Not sure why.

4. Nov 9, 2009 #4 of 62
    TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I think that Meagan only did it because Cheyene(sp?) couldn't make up his mind.

That was still a tough challenge. But I think the brothers were actually at the challenge longer than the Father/Son. The had a three hour headstart due to the flights. The had to have been out there at least that.

5. Nov 9, 2009 #5 of 62
    Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005

Advertisements

the Brothers are sure annoying but that's what brothers do to each other.

I was so hoping Miss America would do the Hay challenge - am I mean?

6. Nov 9, 2009 #6 of 62
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    It was good to see Dan realized that he was behaving like a d-bag during the challenge. He could have realized that waaay sooner of course.

I was getting the non-elim vibe during the challenge. I could't believe they would revive that challenge AND eliminate a team.

7. Nov 9, 2009 #7 of 62
    ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I guess it's because Cheyne seems to have no brain at all and Meghan got tired of his nonsensical inability to commit to doing the task. There was nothing to think about, it was a task for the guys. I don't understand how people like Cheyne get through their own lives, let alone build up a relationship with somebody else.

8. Nov 9, 2009 #8 of 62
    Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I wasn't hoping, I was praying for it! :p

9. Nov 9, 2009 #9 of 62
    Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Can you imagine the poker girls doing the hay challenge? It would have killed them. Or, Mika with her fear of heights doing the thrill ride?

10. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Boy that hay challenge is pure luck!

11. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    What ElJay said. :up: That guy is a ******bag. I guess he didn't want to mess up his hair. :thumbsdown:

Glad the Globetrotters won, especially on Flight Time's birthday. I wonder when teams win these prizes, do they go together, or buy two more tickets and take their SO's?

12. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    after all "the're the luckiest team ever in the history of the amazing Race!"

13. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Don't the contestants have to keep a balance in who does the roadblock by the time they are in the final leg(s)? If so, maybe she also had to do it........

I too am rooting for the fun globetrotters. I ilke them, except for the way they treated Mika at the top of the water slide......

14. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    I wish they would have told us how many hay bails each person had to un-roll to find their clue. What did they say there were 7 clues hidden in 200 bails, that’s like a 1 in 28 chance? I’m guessing Meagan and the Trotters weren’t any where near the 28 average.

15. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    This was certainly the case in earlier seasons. However, I haven't heard it mentioned in recent seasons, so I'm not sure if the rule still exists. Even if it did exist one would think the teams could be able to plan for a couple of purely physical challenges for the guys to handle. I'm going to continue to assume that Cheyne didn't do it simply because he's a noncommittal ass until we have facts that state otherwise.

16. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I told my wife that if he were my teammate, I'd have gone back up on the road and kicked him in the nads. Then I'd have gone to the far side of the field where I couldn't hear him yelling anymore.
    Exactly. I don't think there's any way they would have gone back to that challenge without it being non-elim. It was so unfair the first time around.
    I'm pretty sure the rule exists, otherwise we'd end up with a Flo situation again like S1. Perhaps Cheyne's hesitancy at the start of that task was him trying to work out in his mind how many each of them had done and whether there would still be room for her to do any if he took this one. But really, I'm sure he was happy that she volunteered.

Overall, a pretty uneventful leg.

17. mike_k

mike_k Registered User

Sep 20, 2005
    Mason, OH
    I don't think the problem is that he's noncommittal - I think he just really didn't want to do it and was too afraid to say so. So he's a wuss x 2.

18. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    And when they were running to the pitstop and he screamed out "it's my birthday" I was cracking up.

I saw the old dad in a different light. He was totally rocking that challenge. He never gave up. I have so much respect for him. He was also looking quite cute at the end! :D

Sam and Dan get off my screen. Last week they said they're not "flamboyant" gays, but with the one crying at the end, he was a total stereotype. I couldn't stand his constant screaming. And I hate it when someone says "chill out" or "relax". Yeah, tellign someone that is just gonna piss themoff more.

19. Cragmyre

Cragmyre Member

Mar 8, 2004
    When Cheyne's partner ( can't remember her name ) came back to him with clue hidden, and she tripped, I'm pretty sure I heard former Miss America laugh at that.

20. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Maybe it was the camera angles, but it appeared that there was a slight grade on the field and some bales were being pushed 'uphill' making extra work. Agree the dad really impressed me. A life of hard work will do that to ya..just wonder why the son didn't take it on.

The one team was concerned about the gnome during the explosion.. :)