Amazing Race - 10/16/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, Oct 17, 2011.

1. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Andy and Tommy are good. But that doesn't mean a needle/haystack challenge will give them the boot.

I don't like non elim legs although I know it's part of the game.

Ernie and Cindy practiced rock climbing. I'm stunned.

Hopefully we can go a week with no complaints that the tasks aren't "fair". :)

2. latrobe7

latrobe7 What, me worry?

May 1, 2005
    Orange...
    But apparently not compass reading! :p

3. MarkofT

MarkofT ****

Jul 27, 2001
    Where Texas...
    I don't think they had an issue with compass reading. They had an issue with compass recognizing. As soon as they got back to the powerboat, Ernie, holding the compass, said, "Which way is North?"

4. latrobe7

latrobe7 What, me worry?

May 1, 2005
    Orange...
    What's the difference? Isn't the most basic function of a compass to indicate which way is north?

5. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    I was surprised they let the Father/Son's mispronunciation of Phuket on the air.

I also laughed that the expert sailors had the hardest time getting to the final destination because they were trying to navigate it, but the other teams just said "take us here".

6. Gene S

Gene S Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Belleville, IL
    And whats worse, he even gave the wrong directions! He said to go North East, but they needed to go North West.

7. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Must not be paying attention, but does the last clue always have more tickets than contestants? When the twin finished the climb there 2-3 tickets left. On the other hand in previous shows some tasks clearly showed the racers who had picked up the last clue.

8. punky1337

punky1337 New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    my guess is they put extra tickets in there in case some people dropped one while pulling it out.

9. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I noticed both of those as well. There was also the pronunciation "bucket". :)

10. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    The snowboarders and the Father/son team got really lucky with the bunch-up at the first task. They made a mistake flying to Jakarta without a connecting flight and would have been almost 2 hours behind. Then when all teams get to the task it didn't open for several hours. I hate when that happens. The father/son got lucky again when they got lost trying to navigate and another team happened by in their boat and they simply followed them.

11. ducker

ducker New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    MA
    True enough, but if they did try to get an earlier connecting flight -- i'm guessing they would have still arrived too late to get out on the floating dock to get the next clue.
    So they would have had a longer lay over on the beach (although they may have liked that more)

Sure a needle/haystack could "give them the boot" but I don't seem them getting down on themselves and dragging their asses like the twins did.

I too tire of the non-elimination legs - I'd like to see them split up a bit more - and/or get the field down to 5-6 teams, and then put in a couple.

12. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Why, oh why didn't the twins crank the umbrellas down until they had them all in the sand and lined up? Those girls need to think and work together if they want to survive.

13. TiVolunteer

TiVolunteer lotta lurk rare post

Jul 10, 2001
    Cary, NC
    That was addressed. One of the other teams (older couple?) suggested they do this and the twins response was that they did that originally but when the umbrellas blew over they couldn't figure out how to get them closed again.

14. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I was surprised when they said, "beach lifeguards." and then went to the chair challenge. Hello? Me and my bro were lifeguards, and we would have instantly went to the coral challenge. Not just because we were swimmers, but for the reasons pro-footballdudeAndWife said.

Theoretically... if I was on the Amazing Race. We helped regrow collar reefs destroyed by the tsunami. We set up beach chairs for tourists. Hello? I wouldn't even consider which task took more time.

The twins were idiots. If they were swimmers, they chose wrong. The snowboarders are my faves. They are so nice, and cool, and... like me and my friends would be on the race. Pro snowboarders probably surf, mtn bike, rock climb, mtn climb, kayak, etc. That's what we do here in Idaho (minus the surf part).

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    So four episodes in and we've only had one episode with a normal, single-team elimination. Like others, I wish they had saved the non-elims until later, when we know the teams better.

16. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I'm glad the twins are still in. They're cute.

17. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    You forgot "with the Mute button on."

18. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    I asked before and someone replied that the'er identical but they sure do not look identical. One's taller and they just look different.

19. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Several of the teams mispronounced Phuket....not just one...

:D

20. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    OMG! :D That was hilarious! I was a little suprised that more people hadn't heard of Phuket, but I LOLed at all the mispronunciations :p;)

I couldn't believe how fast the brother and sister got everything done despite their bickering...I hope they get eliminated soon, they really get on my nerves!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown: