Amazing Race 10 10/17/2010 *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by loubob57, Oct 18, 2010.

1. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX

Advertisements

I got a kick out of tatoo guy asking the cab driver in Ghana to take them to the Arctic Circle.

2. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I like the fact that most of the teams I am rooting for got the earlier flight and came out near the top this week. I don't expect them to stay there but it was nice to see this week.

3. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Honestly, how hard can it be to ride a sled. Have none of them every heard of shifting your weight. One guy did it in 1:24 while another took over 4 minutes. Some of these people are just hopeless.

4. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    For the love of Mike! WTH is wrong with these people, YOU CAN'T RIDE A FRIGGIN SLED! HFS!

5. firerose818

firerose818 Now 65 pounds less! TCF Club

Jul 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA

Advertisements

/has never been sledding.

Not all of us come from places it snows.

6. IJustLikeTivo

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    I haven't ridden one in 40 year but I do understand the physics. Lean into the turn isn't that hard to grasp. They all stayed way to high up and none of them leaned the right direction.

7. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Those sleds didn't look easy at all. Relatively high center of gravity plus narrow track = unstable.

Sorry to see the singing dudes go.

8. IJustLikeTivo

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    BTW, best line of the night.

Conner and John are doing the bed task. One of them asks the other if they're having fun. The other says that he's pitching a tent.... (nice double meaning)

9. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I agree. I know not everyone knows how to sled... in fact I bet none of them ever rode on a sled like that before even if they were experienced sledders.

But how can you go down the mountain multiple times and seemingly not learn a thing from your previous runs? It looked like the singing guys went down at least 3-4 times, and the short one was getting worse every run!

10. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I thought I saw Eddie Murphy in Ghana :)

Those tech sleds are cool. Wonder if they're allowed on the ski slopes in stateside resorts.

10 min SpeedBump? Weak.

What was Smoky The Bear doing in Lapland? :D

Katie & Rachel need to turn their athlete cards in. Team Glee I can understand having trouble on the sleds...they have no coordination.

Feel sorry for Brooke's fiance...she never shuts up!

11. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    All I want to know is WTF was the deal with that fake bear during the dog sledding?

12. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Even worse was that Stephanie conquered her fear by going down once, then had a breakdown. I could see her refusing to go down at all (like the girl who refused to go down the waterslide a few seasons ago), but once she's already done it, that seemed odd for her to freak out then.
    Agreed about Katie and Rachel. As soon as they started, I thought for sure they'd be great since they should be coordinated. I was surprised they had such a hard time.

Nick and Vicki ride motorcycles a lot, so I knew they'd have no problem with that task.

13. Honora

Honora Member

Oct 16, 2006
    The Princeton boys should have been singing, "You've gotta know when hold 'em, know when to fold 'em". They spent way too much time trying to ski/sled. After the first disaster, they should have gone to the tent, not after 3 tries.

14. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    This episode made me wonder about travel distance between the two detours. It seemed to me (just because the pit stop also had a tent at it) that even though the tent task would take much longer to complete that it was a lot closer to the pitstop then the skiing activity. The skiing activity would only take 2 min to complete, but then you would have to factor in time to get up the mountain on the lift plus travel time from the clue box to the location and then from the location to the pitstop.

15. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I was glad the Choir Boys were eliminated, they were annoying.

16. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    If I remember correctly I thought I saw a sign that said

Beds -->
    <-- Sleds

Which made me think that they were roughly at the same location and did not require a vehicle to get to. So I assume they were all roughly the same distance from the pit stop.

17. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    My guess is that the fake bear was there to help with the dog training - so they don't get spooked if they see one. I doubt they would add it as part of the show.

I think I'm routing for Mike and Kevin now. If nothing else, for Mike's determination to finish last week and not let his son down.

18. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I agree. If I were a taxi driver and they started to sing; I would have immediately pulled over and kicked them out.

19. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I saw the same sign but I thought I saw the Dad/Son (who BTW had a fairly simple Speed Bump that they didn't even have to run anywhere to complete) in a car going to the tent challenge.

Edit Just checked again, right after the 30 min mark for those looking themselves, and it showed the Son and Dad getting the clue and choosing Beds and them getting in the car. Then it shows the Drs getting the clue the the beds and sleds sign we are talking about and a wide show of a car turning right (towards the beds) with a guy in a red jacket also pointing to the right so editing did make it look like they did have to travel by car from the train station to the detour task.

20. blogan

blogan New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    "Today we graduate from college, and we also graduate from the Amazing race" or something like that....

No, you didn't graduate from the Amazing Race, you failed.