Amazing 3/18/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by wendiness1, Mar 19, 2012.

1. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    Thoughts?

2. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I'm not liking Bolivia very much...

3. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I think I know why they banned jumping on the mat. ;)

4. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    There was hope that Brachel was going. sadly, it didn't last long :(

5. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    You mean Bah-vah-rreee-aaaa????? :D:p

6. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I don't even know what a beard is.

7. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    What show is this thread for? I'm not reading the posts. What is "Amazing"?

8. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Also I can't believe so many of them went to the wrong castle! If I had been on the race, I would have known to go to Neuschwanstein as soon as I read the clue that mentioned Sleeping Beauty. :)

My SO has actually been to Neuschwanstein, on a day trip when he was in Munich for a work trip. I told him that like half the teams went to the other castle and he was like what?! The one across the valley? That doesn't even look like a castle!

9. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Is this for The Amazing Race? I thought there was a show called Amazing on History Channel or something :D

I knew someone was going to end up in Leiderhosen during that episode. Every time it looks like Brachel were going to get bounced, they don't :( For once the tricky editing where they make it look like the last two teams are close enough that there's a race to the mat to see who's eliminated wasn't a trick.

I will say, that if I didn't have pre-conceived notions about Brachel, I wouldn't hate them as much on TAR. They certainly are no worse than other annoying teams. That said, I'm still rooting against them.

10. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I just assumed it was since other people were talking about TAR. :)

11. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    :thumbsdown: to lazy incomplete thread titles.

I visited Neuschwanstein when I was in the Army in the 70s. Very cool to see it again. I can verify that it is a long steep walk up to the castle!

Sorry to see the Mississippi girls go. I like all the teams left but I'm tired of seeing the border patrol guys glide to easy victories.

12. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Back to back weeks of Rachel and Brendon making a poor choice on the Road Block and doing the more difficult task.

13. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    But she didn't know what a 'beard' is. ;)

14. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    Didn't watch the ep yet but wanted to comment on CBS and their delay of shows. This coupled with AR not being available for OnDemand makes it REALLY hard to follow this show.

Is CBS so high on their sports offerings that they find it ok to let their Sunday lineup continually suffer? It is VERY frustrating. We don't even DVR 'the Good Wife' anymore and just watch that OnDemand cuz of the pushbacks on time.

Only other option is to watch live. And that is NOT an option.

15. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    The first groups all got let into the restaurant to get the gnomes at the same time. The BP guys kicked ass on the beard task and didn't take 200 tries on the gnome curling task, so they finished up first. I would hardly call it "gliding".

I'm curious what the average completion times were for the beard vs gingerbread challenges.

I can't imagine anyone taking 200 tries to slide that gnome correctly.

16. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I've had TAR padded by 90 minutes for years. It starts late way more often than it starts on time.

17. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    I was at Neuschwanstein in September. I'm sure glad it wasn't wrapped in all that scaffolding when I was there.

The hike to the top is killer, and it looked like most teams were walking on the road and not the hiking paths, which means it would have been just as fast, if not faster, to take the horse carriage or the bus to the top (the bus may not have been running because of the snow).

The scaffolding may have obscured the "Sleeping Beauty" look of the castle, but there's no way you could go to that village and not see Neuschwanstein. Unless you've never watched a Disney movie or tv show, I don't know how you could look at Neuschwanstein and not know that the other castle was the wrong place.

18. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    Oops! I created it about midnight and was, apparently, very tired.

19. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    Moderator: can you change the title to AMAZING RACE 3/18/12? Thanks.

20. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Why can't you pad it?