Am I missing something or is TiVo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mhellman, Dec 5, 2009.

1. mhellman

mhellman ReplayTV Convert

Aug 18, 2009
    San...

Advertisements

We bought two TiVo HD XL units and, while there are a number of things we love, there are also a number of maddening faults - or maybe they are just features I haven’t figured out how to access yet. Can anyone can help me get around the following problems:

1. When scheduling programs on line, using the TV Listings Guide: If a program is a repeated episode, I’d like to see REPEAT right there in the guide, without having to go any deeper. Instead, I have to click on the show and then on “More about this show” before TiVo tells me it’s a repeat. Scheduling programs on the TiVo (as opposed to on line) is even worse, with no indication if a show is a repeat.

2. When scheduling a program on line, using the TV Listings Guide: If there’s a conflict with programs previously chosen to record, TiVo bumps one of those previously chosen programs without warning me. I get a message later saying there was a conflict, but even that message does not tell me which program was bumped. I’d like to get a warning, an indication of the programs involved, and a chance to choose which ones I want at the time I’m scheduling the potential conflict. Our previous DVR’s (ReplayTV) did this.

3. After I’ve scheduled a program on line using the TV Listings Guide, I get a message on my TiVo telling me I’ve done that. There are two problems: First, the message lists the date I requested the show, not the date of the show. Second, I’d like to be able to turn these messages off so only conflict messages are in my INBOX. The conflict messages are way more important and tend to get lost in the flurry of normal messages. Plus, I don’t need the normal messages since I use the To Do list to check that the programs I requested were scheduled.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Martin