AM I Crazy??????

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by wguyette, Aug 18, 2020.

1. wguyette

wguyette New Member

Aug 23, 2009

Advertisements

It seems to me the way in which the TIVO home page works has just changed for watching live programs that are being recorded.

What I remember is that to watch a live program, that is being recorded, I could select it either by clicking "My Shows" and then navigating to the current recording OR by arrowing down from "My Shows" to the programs picture icon and selecting it. Got the same result either way.

Now selecting the programs icon takes you to the current program time the same as selecting the channel with live TV-ie. you cannot rewind.

Am I crazy, or has this recently changed?

2. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    Im not home and cant help you. It would be good to know which box you own and if you are on TE3 or TE4

3. wguyette

wguyette New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    This is a TiVo bolt. How do I tell if it’s TE3 or TE4?

4. wguyette

wguyette New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Software version 21.10.1.v6-USH-11-A95

5. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017

Advertisements

TE3 = 20
    TE4 = 21

Noelmel likes this.
  6. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    That or TE3 is blue old school interface and TE4 is gray new school.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Noelmel likes this.
  7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Hit TiVo button.
    TE3:
    TE3-TC.JPG
    TE4:
    TE4-Home.JPG

krkaufman and Noelmel like this.
  8. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The way you describe it working now is the way I remember it always working. The only way to start playing a recording, whether it's past or still in process, is to select from My Shows. I guess it's possible that if all your tuners were busy selecting the same show would dump you to the tuner that's recording it, but it would still take you to the live point it would never start from the beginning like playing from My Shows does.

krkaufman likes this.
  9. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Being (a little crazy) is a prerequisite to be in this forum.. Welcome :)

mrsean likes this.
  10. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Everyone on this forum is crazy... we're all TiVo addicts of one form or another. It's a good crazy.

That being said, it would have been helpful if your topic headings was more indictive of the subject being discussed.

Topic headings are supposed to clue us in to the subject of the thread.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah...otherwise, how can you wander off-topic?!?

IT'S MADNESS!

12. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    I knew he must be talking about TE4 because the description made no sense for TE3.

mrsean likes this.
  13. wguyette

wguyette New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Yes it's TE4
    I guess I am crazy because I remember there being no difference in how you select currently and recording program-before 1-2 weeks ago. Now I do have to ge through the My Shows list- what a waste of time

Noelmel likes this.
  14. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    I remember always going to my shows to watch something that was currently recording. Though I could he wrong as I didn't do that often enough.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Noelmel likes this.
  15. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    1) I never knew that about picking the picture icon from the bottom ribbon. Good to know!

2) I never go to My Shows to get to a current recording; as you imply later in this thread, it’s too much trouble. I do what you mention at the end, I just go to Live TV and pick the show from the SIDE ribbon, which displays what all the tuners are tuned into.

3) Who says you cannot rewind Live TV? I think you mean it places you at the end of the recording, whereas picking from My Shows (and apparently, in the past, from the ribbon) starts you at the beginning of the program. Either way, you can easily navigate to the start.