Altice Fiber

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jeffm5690, Apr 10, 2020.

1. jeffm5690

jeffm5690 New Member

Jan 16, 2012
    I think I’m screwed. Just got a new bolt a few months back and on a 1 year plan. Altice just wired up fiber and now I can’t get fiber and use with TiVo. So my options are suck it up or eat the $19.99/month for the remaining contract and switch to fiber. Anyone have any thoughts? This sucks.

2. Acerxz

Acerxz Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yonkers,NY
    Why can't you keep the tivo?

3. jeffm5690

jeffm5690 New Member

Jan 16, 2012
    They said you can’t use TiVo with fiber - I am assuming it has to do with the cable card only working with coax? And.... they won’t let you get internet only fiber....

4. Series3Sub

Series3Sub Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Unless they are using IPTV INSIDE your home. As an example, Verizon had Fiber to the Home, but then the IPTV was converted to QAM for the Coax in your home to the Set-Top-Boxes, including TiVo's. This is why TiVo's were campatable with Verizon "fiber" sevice or IPTV to the HOME, but not to the BOX to your TV.

Surely others on here will have for more precise information regarding your particular carrier, spicifically if they are using IPTV all the way to the decoding box (TiVo) or not. Keep in mind, that others have been told by cable TV, etc. that a TiVo will not work, but by following up, it turns out that TiVo's can be used and were forced to admit it and then serve the customer.

5. HoTatII

HoTatII Active Member

Sep 21, 2016
    I'm curious though ...

If Altice has switched to FTTH, then I assume that (unlike FiOS, etc.) the television service is fully IPTV now.

So what good would the Bolt be even if Altice allowed you internet only service?

All cable TiVos still require multichannel linear QAM based digital cable signals over coax correct?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

6. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas