Alone - Second Season Thread *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Martha, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Martha

Martha Member

Oct 6, 2002
    South Carolina

Advertisements

I could not believe a guy quit after only a few hours on the very first day!

Half way through the 2nd episode I was thinking that these people are all there for the long haul, and then that guy lost his farro rod and the girl cut her hand (I haven't learned anyone's name yet).

The guy who caught three fish seems like he's not going anywhere.

I'm enjoying this season so far.

2. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Thanks for posting. I didn't know a new season had started. I'll check it out.

3. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    If season one is any indication, folks getting airtime now won't be around long.

I knew the one guy was a gonner when he was featured so much in the first episode.

4. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    The 3 fish guy is in good shape for resources but I think it's more of a mental challenge than it is a physical one. In season 1 there were people who broke down mentally before they ran out of resources and the winner clearly had the mental fortitude to have gone even much longer than he did.

Bad luck does play a part. A guy also lost his farro rod in season 1 and that ended his stay. The previews show the guy who lost it this season trying to start a wood friction fire. I seriously doubt that will succeed for long in a rain forest.

I'm glad they added women to the cast this season. I'm interested to see how they do both mentally and physically compared to the men.

5. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...

Advertisements

At first he was the one I had the most confidence in, him being ex-military and all. I can't believe he tapped out after less than 7 hours. :rolleyes:

6. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Just saw the first two last night. One guy is from Augusta, GA. I think he was a sniper or something in the army. It was weird seeing him wearing shorts in some parts and others were in long sleeve flannel. :confused:

7. Martha

Martha Member

Oct 6, 2002
    South Carolina
    I was really disappointed that Tracy quit. I think she must have had some kind of anger issues in her past and screaming at that bear just brought it all back.

My 15 year old boy scout son watches this with me and he really enjoyed seeing all of Mike's projects. We were laughing that if he installs indoor plumbing, then he's a shoo in. I do think when he runs out of work and starts getting lonesome, that may do him in.

I'm kind of surprised they don't show everyone every week, but I guess the ones they aren't showing will be there a long time.

The sniper guy cracks us up - loved his remark about it being day 200 something and he had learned to communicate with the animals. :)

8. jkovach

jkovach TiVoing since 1999!

Feb 17, 2000
    Gilbert, AZ USA
    I think he was used to being with his buddies all the time while in the military. Didn't have the fortitude to be ALONE. With bears.