Almost there... not really

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ropman1, Oct 9, 2007.

1. ropman1

ropman1 New Member

Jan 25, 2007
    When I turned my Series 2 Tivo on - the TV, actually - I saw the main screen which displayed the "Almost There... just a few more minutes." That was last night. About 14 hours later, the same message is on the screen.

I feel like pulling the plug to power down the TiVo, but I'm not sure if that will screw it up any more. My wife did say that earlier yesterday, there was a message that displayed something about a "service date... will take an hour or longer." I suppose the system rebooted and now I am stuck with the "almost there" message.

Any else having this problem or can share any advice that might help?

Thanks!

2. jmrjmr

jmrjmr New Member

Nov 18, 2006
    I woke up to the "Almost there" screen today. It is now several hours later...

Any idea of how to fix?

3. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Appears like the service update did not finish gracefully. If the TiVo does not recover on it's own in several hours you might try forcing a reboot by cycling the AC power.

4. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
  5. tootal2

tootal2 Active Member

Oct 14, 2005

I had that same problem on my tivo s2. I Used kick start 57. And it fixed it.

kickstart 57 info

1. Uplug the TiVo for 10-15 seconds
    2. Plug in the TiVo and hold the yellow pause button on the remote until the yellow light shows on the front of the TiVo.
    3. Release the pause button and type 57.

The TiVO will reboot and a green screen will appear stating that the TiVo has encountered an error and may take up to 3 hours to repair it If you do not see this screen, repeat the Kick Start procedure. The error has been repaired, the TiVo will restart. You will need to download program information again.

6. jmrjmr

jmrjmr New Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Kickstart 57 fixed it. Thanks.