All Wishlists Totally Empty!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by ericL, Dec 19, 2006.

1. ericL

ericL Abbie Normal

Jan 6, 2002
    Raleigh, NC

Advertisements

My HR10-250 recently updated to 6.3b and everything seemed fine. Over the past day or so I finished migrating all my SPs and WLs from my R10 to the HR10. The Wishlists all reported the proper episodes. Today I noticed that a show in a WL was not recording (someone in your household modified the SP or WL). Now I'm looking closer and every one of my WLs has no upcoming episodes and each show that should have been recorded has the same message in the recording history.

I try to create new WLs for shows that I know exist and they are empty. I've seen the threads on 6.3a about partial and skipped recordings but haven't seen anything like this. Is it just me? I haven't rebooted or anything because I'm recording something at the moment.

What the heck?

2. bwaldron

bwaldron New Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Brandon, FL
    You're not alone. Not a 6.3 or even HR10-specific issue. There was a widespread problem w/ guide data -- as good data populates the guide again, your lists should come back to life. Mine have.

3. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    DirecTV sent out some bad guide data.

Most recent delivery seems to have fixed the problem,
    maybe your's just isn't done indexing it yet?

phox

4. ericL

ericL Abbie Normal

Jan 6, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I see the thread now in the normal forum (I've been here so much for 6.3 issues, I don't even think to go to that forum anymore). Thanks for the quick responses, I feel much better now.

5. jennifer

jennifer Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2001

Advertisements

Mine has been 'receiving data' for 2 days. I've restarted the recorder in hopes that it will be a fix. Still on 6.3a

6. leftcoastdave

leftcoastdave New Member

Sep 4, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    I am sorry but can someone explain the fix to the empty wishlists?

I discovered this in a search this morning and even after a reboot, my wishlist "view upcoming" searches are coming up empty. If this is a problem with the guide data, are the to do lists corrupted as well?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

7. Rik

Rik New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Milford,...
    It's really more than just wishlists. Season passes have been affected as well. Issue is discussed in detail here.

8. pmturcotte

pmturcotte New Member

May 7, 2001
    NH native...
    This happened to me, then it looked like it was fixed (To Do list filled back up) then I checked the TD list again this morning and it was empty.

It was freaking bad enough when it was "just" the audio dropout problem.

9. dmaneyapanda

dmaneyapanda Member

Jan 16, 2000
    princeton,nj
    yes, rebooting and waiting a few hours seems to fix the problem (at least it has for me on my two DTiVos). but the problem will sometimes/often re-appear within a few days. Best advice is to keep an eye out, and maybe proactively reboot your boxes until we hear something definitive about the problem being solved.

10. patyoung

patyoung New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Mt Pleasant, SC
    I had the same thing happen to me. I called DirecTV support and they had no idea that there was any problem. They guy said to delete and re-add all my season passes. This did seem to work for the regular season passes (which mostly showed no upcoming episodes either), but didn't work at all for the wishlists.

I wish they could clue in their support staff to when there are known issues.

11. jgkurz

jgkurz Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Pacific...
    The same thing has been happening to me for a while now. I'm not sure how long it's being going on. I did a forced update last night and today I have all my Wish List pending episodes back. My recorder has been on frequently since the last update. BTW, I'm at 6.3a still.