All shows deleted...again!

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by LAM76, Jul 12, 2018.

1. LAM76

LAM76 New Member

Apr 13, 2018
    Ugh! I have a TiVo Bolt that I got in April. In May when they did the update for the horizontal menu, everything got deleted, and then for a while things would randomly delete. That all seemed to be behind me, but today when I got home, everything was gone again! Nothing is even in my Recently Deleted folder so I could restore it. :( When I look at the Recent Activity items, the things that were recorded today say that they were recorded because space was needed. Not true! My TiVo is 3Tb, and I'd used about 4%, tops. Even a couple of things that were marked as Keep Until I Delete are gone. So it was some sort of glitch.

I was planning to permanently save a couple of the shows, and I'm kicking myself that I hadn't already done that. It was too late to call tonight, so I'll call tomorrow, but I have little hope that the shows can be recovered. I'm so angry.

2. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Is this the same 500gb that you upgraded to 1TB before? You're now at 3TB or did TiVo send you another unit? Your season passes are still there. What model drive are you using? Did you stay on Encore or upgrade back to hydra again?

3. LAM76

LAM76 New Member

Apr 13, 2018
    No, this is a Bolt that I purchased at 3T in April. I haven't made any changes to it. It's all out of the box. My OnePasses are all still there. Just all the shows are gone. I had probably under 40 hours recorded, and nothing major set to record, just a couple of hours a day. I'm still on Hydra. I never changed the OS.

4. LAM76

LAM76 New Member

Apr 13, 2018
    So I just called them, and supposedly this is still part of the same problem. It was never fixed. I never heard from them and it seemed to be working, so I was assuming it was ok.

Are they even able to restore shows when something like this happens? Do they have things backed up in the cloud somewhere? lol I reallly doubt it, but I have no idea. They always act like they'll be able to get something back. Supposedly some techs are supposed to contact me. If I haven't heard from them in a couple of hours I'm going to call them back. I couldn't understand this girl very well anyway. The volume was too low.

Yuck.

5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Definitely not.

If you weren’t holding out hope for recovery of lost recordings, I’d suggest doing a Clear & Delete Everything factory reset of the box, and hope for better future results. (The lost recordings issue sounds like what others have seen when transplanting hard drives between like boxes, which can be fixed with a C&DE.)

p.s. And then maybe revert to the Encore/gen3/20.* UI.

6. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Do you have another TiVo running encore too?

7. LAM76

LAM76 New Member

Apr 13, 2018
    I have an old Premiere, but I've stopped using it. I never changed the OS that it had, and haven't done anything with the hard drives. (The hard drive on that one was making noise, and that's one reason I got the Bolt.)

8. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
  9. LAM76

LAM76 New Member

Apr 13, 2018
    That was the same TiVo. Apparently this may be the same problem that they never fixed.

10. LAM76

LAM76 New Member

Apr 13, 2018
    Talking to a supervisor now. She had me refresh my To Do List, and now I'm missing General Hospital (which didn't start recording). Freaked out on her and now they're just going to send me a new one. Don't mess with my soap! lol

I should have requested that two months ago.

11. sheshechic

sheshechic Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Just checking, but is this tivo on your account? If the tivo is still associated with someone else's account then they can access the box online and delete recordings.

12. LAM76

LAM76 New Member

Apr 13, 2018
    It was brand new. It shouldn't have ever been on anyone else's account.

Now when I go to To Do List on the horizontal menu, it's grayed out and nothing happens. I can only access it through Menu --> Manage. The whole thing is just totally screwed up. It's deleted other things. When you look at recent activity, it says those things were never recorded for an unknown reason, when they were totally there before.

They said they'd send me a brand new Bolt, but when I got it it was refurbished. Now they're supposed to send me a new one. Hopefully this will all work out eventually.

krkaufman likes this.