All season passes stopped working - any idea why?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by pan4life, Dec 12, 2006.

1. pan4life

pan4life New Member

Sep 20, 2006

Advertisements

Hello to all,

Long time TiVo user, everything was fine on my S3 with a dozen or so season passes, working for months all the way through till about friday I think. Then all of a sudden, all season passes seemed to stop working properly. Shows which were new and should have recorded did not, and when I look in the season pass at upcoming shows the new ones are not checked off to record. All my season passes are set to keep all epsiodes as well and I'm not close to being out of capacity. But it all just stopped. The to do list showed nothing other than a few manual non season pass shows I had set to record. Everything else listed under the season passes said no scheduled shows. This included my wife's dalies like days of our lives and my weekly's like Battlestar and Dr. Who. It got everything from last week, but this week and next week nothing.

I tried deleting and re-creating one of the season passes and that worked, I set it up for first run only and it flagged the 1 new show to record at the end of this week. But this scares me. What happened and do I have to now delete and re-create all of my season passes? For all of my shows I've gone in and manually chosen Record this Episode Only for the new ones for this and next week, but as new shows come into the program guide are they going to be flagged for recording or am I going to have this problem again. Anyone else had this? Thanks!

2. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    What does your recording history say for all the shows?

3. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    I had something like this happen a couple of weeks ago with my S2. This post shows the message I got for each program that should have been recorded but was instead in the "will not be recorded" category.

To fix it I went into the program description for each Season Pass, selected "Change recording options" and selected "Record Season Pass with these options (e.g., save without changing any options) This restored my SPs.

Since the error message was totally inconsistent with my standalone S2, I figure the message was some database glitch. I think this occurred a few days after I received 8.1

4. pan4life

pan4life New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    No entries whatsoever for any of the missed shows, for example Monday and Tuesday's "Days of our Lives", nothing there at all. Nothing for the Judge Judy's or Oprah's either, which were set to repeats and first runs. Something really bad must have happened for all the season passes to decide not to record new shows. I restarted the recorder, it didn't update anything so I manually set to record the shows I need. Still, kind of upset about this. I sometimes get so busy with work I go a week without looking at the TiVo, I would go insane if my wife hadn't noticed this fairly early. Still would like some explanation, if there is any. Thank you for your help.

5. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...

Advertisements

Usually this happens when the guide data gets corrupted during indexing.

The part that feeds the guide still works, just the database that the SP's look at gets corrupted.

A fix would be to force a daily call (or internet connection) so it reindexes the data.

phox

6. pan4life

pan4life New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Thank you for your help. Is forcing a daily call any different than the normal connection that TiVo should do on it's own each night? Because it definately missed shows on both Monday and Tuesday and new shows for the rest of the week were unscheduled. Are you thinking this would have fixed itself on it's own?

7. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, but I believe a forced connection also forces a reindex of the data.

phox

8. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    No, forcing a daily call does not force a reindex. However, repeating Guided Setup does. That would be what I would try, assuming there's no problem with the modem/network.

9. pan4life

pan4life New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    I will keep an eye on this now that I've manually chosen some programs for this week as well as resaved each season pass without changing options, and I'll check if it properly flags new shows next week for recording. I'll know easily with Days of Our Lives since it records every day. If not I'll re-run the guided setup.

10. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Reboot!