All HD channels - No guide data.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by volcs1, Jan 31, 2011.

1. volcs1

volcs1 New Member

May 1, 2005

Advertisements

New Premiere with Comcast M card installed one week ago (Chicago, Digital Rebuild, Areas 1,4,5)

In the channel lineup, all channels are there and correctly named.

In the guide data, the channels are named correctly, but there are no guide data for HD channels. All SD channels are fine.

When I go to TiVo.com to schedule a program on, say, NBC, I'm only presented with the SD option. When I try to schedule an HD show by looking through the channels, I'm no allowed to see the HD channels.

Curiously, for my Series 2 TiVo, I am presented with the HD options at Tivo.com.

I re-did the guided setup - no luck. I've connected a few times to TiVo, and no further data seems to be coming down (i.e. the TiVo thinks it has all the data it needs).

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

2. Robbdoe1

Robbdoe1 Tivo Obsessed

Dec 29, 2008
    Melbourne, FL
    When you tune the Premier to an HD channel that you are supposed to get, does it tune it in?

Robb

3. volcs1

volcs1 New Member

May 1, 2005
    Yes. Tunes in fine. It just says that there is no information available (but coming soon!)

4. Robbdoe1

Robbdoe1 Tivo Obsessed

Dec 29, 2008
    Melbourne, FL
    I would call Tivo and make sure they have everything correct on their end. The boxes on the account may be mixed up or something.

Again, these are channels that you pay for or are included in your package from the cable company?

Robb

5. volcs1

volcs1 New Member

May 1, 2005

Advertisements

Yes. These are just my regular cable channels. Not premium.
    I have an email to TechSupport at TiVo. It usually takes them a day or two to respond.

6. Robbdoe1

Robbdoe1 Tivo Obsessed

Dec 29, 2008
    Melbourne, FL
    That's the way I would go. I bet they got something screwed up on their end.

Let us know how it works out.

Robb

7. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Could it be the fact that your lineup is a Digital Rebuild? Are there other lineup options for your area during Guided Setup?

8. volcs1

volcs1 New Member

May 1, 2005
    My lineup is a digital rebuild - this is the one I have chosen.

Like I said, my Series 2 has all the correct channels and the correct info. With the same exact setup, my Premiere does not show any program information for the HD channels - just the SD ones. The correct channel names are listed (e.g. WMAQ-HD for 188) but no program information. Weird.

TiVo came back with their canned response - use the channel lineup form. On that form, nothing describes my problem, but I filled it out anyway. According to the form, it will be 5-7 business days before I hear anything.

9. Feb 1, 2011 #9 of 10
    volcs1

volcs1 New Member

May 1, 2005
    OK. Fixed.

I read one posting that said that even though the questions that TiVo asked about which-channel-is-which were correct, they put "give me another question" until a different set of channels was presented.

With this information in hand, I went back to the channel lineup screen to choose a different lineup. I was given several different options - all of which looked good (Digital rebuild was mentioned in two of them, for instance). I chose one (Digital Rebuild Basic), which was not the one previously selected on this screen. After it had connected and downloaded guide data, the missing information was there.

What was interesting through all of this is that TiVo knew all the channels - that was not the problem. When I put in 188, I got WMAQ-HD (NBC Chicago), but without any guide data.

Anyway, all is well now. Thanks for the tips. The answers to all questions seem to be lurking in the boards here somewhere.

10. Robbdoe1

Robbdoe1 Tivo Obsessed

Dec 29, 2008
    Melbourne, FL
    Nice. I'm glad you got it fixed.

I would not have suggested Guided Setup again since you said you already did that in your first post. It's good to know that there are different channel packages available for different cable companies. My only choices were Digital cable with or without a box IIRC.

Robb