All Channels not Authorized After Last Bolt Software Update

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by meckel, Sep 3, 2020.

1. meckel

meckel Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN

Advertisements

I uploaded the latest software update last night for my TiVos, and now my bolt will not tune any channels. Everyone gives a black screen with the same not authorized contact your cable provider. My other 2 TiVos work fine after the update. When I go to the CableCard pairing screen it doesn’t display any information and says “information is not available”. I have never had this happen before.

Has anyone else ever had this issue? I’m not sure if I just need Comcast to re-pair the card to the TiVo or did something happen to the CableCard during the update. The fact that there is no information in the pairing screen is concerning to me I trying connecting to the TiVo service, restarted the bolt and trying unplugging and plugging it back in. No luck

Any help is appreciated
    Thank you

2. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Watching telly, drinking wine - Lily Allen

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    "Information is not available" tells me the cablecard is in a state where it cannot communicate to the box, or the box is jammed up. Shut the box off, disconnect it from power and take the cablecard out. Wait 5 minutes, put it back and turn it on again - see if it "sees" the card then.

Edit: Also, provide the following info if you can:
    Software Version (from System Information)
    Cablecard Manufacturer (Motorola/Arris, or Cisco/SA)

3. meckel

meckel Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Thank you I will give that a try. The CableCard is Motorola. Software version is 21.10.1.v8

4. meckel

meckel Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Unfortunately that did not work.

5. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Watching telly, drinking wine - Lily Allen

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago

Advertisements

What do you see if you go to the cablecard menu?

Settings & Messages (or Menu > Settings) > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > CableCARD Decoder > CableCARD options (for installers) > CableCARD Menu

6. meckel

meckel Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I think I’m going to have to call Comcast and have them try and re-pair the cablecard to the bolt
    Thank you for your help

7. XIBM

XIBM Member

Mar 9, 2013
    This happened to me tonight with a small box indicating could not access channel with a black screen on all channels and initially a big box in either Chinese or Japanese that took a few button presses to clear. I noticed my Terminal Adapter had a red light along with its white light (Motorola on Spectrum) so I rebooted the Bolt, then unplugged the TA, Bolt said no TA and I got basic channels. I plugged in the TA, after a bit, Bolt said TA and all my channels seemed to come back.