All Bravo shows being recorded instead of New Only

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by AZrob, Apr 15, 2020.

1. AZrob

AZrob Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just FYI:

For the past few days, my OnePass's for all of my Bravo shows (Top Chef, Real Housewives* etc)_ have all been set to record EVERY show instead of just the first-run broadcasts. Not coincidentally, I would assume, the show descriptions have all reverted to generic renditions instead of episode-specific info. There is also no "R" indicating the repeat episodes. Deleting the Season Pass and recreating it does not fix this. Obviously it's a schedule glitch.

I have reported this to TiVo and supposedly they will be working on this.

Thanks,
    Rob from AZ

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Passes for new only with no season starting with set, will always record shows with generic data as a "Just in case, so record anyway."

3. AZrob

AZrob Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    I tried every combination of "Season Starting with..", both New Shows Only and starting with the current season and I still get EVERY show. Plus I had not had this happen before and these settings have always worked. I think it's a problem with the Show Descriptions themselves.

4. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    I'm having major issues with Bravo as well. I have had to go through my To Do list over the past few weeks and manually delete about 10+ recordings daily because the Tivo is picking them to record due to lack of episode guide data.

The last few weeks there have been no episode titles or descriptions for Top Chef--it's just listed as "Episode 170x" and "No program information is available."

I suggest writing or tweeting @TivoSupport. I'm going to submit a Line Up issue online because I know RHOBH airs a new episode next Wednesday (new day) but they don't have it listed correctly at all on the Tivo schedule.

5. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Report a Lineup Case

6. oscarfish

oscarfish Member

Mar 1, 2009
    I have a Top Chef OP. What I see is tonight's (4/16) Top Chef is correctly scheduled to record. Then on Monday (4/20) there are a couple of spurious Top Chef programs scheduled to record. After Monday, there are lots of spurious Top Chef recordings scheduled.

My guess is that it all just works out. Sometime between now and Monday, the program information for the currently scheduled spurious Top Chef programs will be updated and the Tivo will not record them.

Don't hold me to this, but I don't think this is new behavior, and I don't remember seeing very many (any) unwanted Top Chef recordings.

My caveat is that all the behavior I described above is on a TE3 Roamio. I also have a Series 2 and it really wants to record most of the old rerun Top Chef programs. The Series 2 is a deep backup so I don't worry about it.

7. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    How is your episode listed? For the past few weeks I have had no proper episode title or episode description for Top Chef. I'm also on TE3 Roamio.

8. oscarfish

oscarfish Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Tonight's episodes title is "Episode 1705" with a description of "Description is not available". It's marked as new so it's scheduled to be recorded.

The bogus ones next week are just generic placeholders.

9. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    I suspect those episodes will record unless the guide data is updated. I've been combing through my To Do list and deleting dozens upon dozens of shows from Bravo.

10. dishrich

dishrich Active Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    While this isn't the only reason for Rovi to appear to have just stopped bothering to update Bravo's listings at all, Bravo has recently been changing it's daytime programming around & showing "COVID19" marathon throwbacks of selected seasons of some shows ; for example, starting at 6AM ET this Wednesday, they are showing the entire 1st season of RHOBH. Yesterday (Monday) they showed Ladies of London & today (Tuesday) it's season 1 of Vanderpump Rules, Thursday it's (the only season of) Married to Medicine & Friday it's season 1 of Southern Charm. They did something similar last week as well; I found out about it here:
    This Week's Schedule Of Throwback Bravo Episodes- Ladies Of London, Southern Charm, Vanderpump Rules, & More!
    I do want to see S1 of RHOBH, so I resorted to a manual record, since Rovi has it listed as Top Chef & other incorrect shows.

BUT REGARDLESS...there is NO reason why Tivo can't have their $^&t updated by now, particularly since - BIG SURPRISE - Gracenote's properly updated! :mad::rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    headless chicken likes this.
  11. dishrich

dishrich Active Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    Along this issue - here's something bizarre...in a good way. While on my Tivo, Bravo's listings are still totally f%^'d up, they DO actually seem to be correct on DISH - who ALSO uses Rovi's guide data! The listings also seem to be correct on tvguide.com.
    So basically, Rovi seems to now be SPECIFICALLY screwing over the Tivo users - that DIRECTLY pay for their service - friggen incredible!!! :mad::mad:

12. dishrich

dishrich Active Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    So I called Tivo support today, after making one last forced connection...which can take quite awhile to complete if you have a large channel lineup, like we do on Comcast. While on the phone, the CSR started looking up my example of RHOBH marathon today being Top Chef on my Tivo; he comes back & tells me "his system" IS showing RHOBH. While talking to him on the phone, to my shock, (ONLY) the RHOBH marathon DID correctly update in the guide. BUT...then when I asked him about the rest of this evening on Bravo, what he tells me is exactly what Gracenote has in their guides - while my Tivo has yet more Top Chefs, other random shows & another TBA at midnight f/3 hours!
    His answer to my obvious problem - repeat guided setup...YUCK!!! :mad::tongueclosed::fearscream:

13. dishrich

dishrich Active Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    UPDATE - I just ran guided setup & it appears to have fixed my Bravo guide issues; of course, it's now picking up SP shows being repeated, since I had to manually record some of them under incorrect show titles. (which is good, since I'm behind on previous episodes & they'll now be in their correct "folder")
    I'm still keeping a VERY close eye on this situation though!!! :eek:

14. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    I'm thinking of repeating guided setup to fix my issues with Bravo program guide information, but I don't want to be locked out of Netflix and Amazon accounts. A friend created a profile for me under their Netflix and the Amazon Prime was a PITA to setup.

Will guided setup remove the previously entered logins for Netflix, Amazon, etc?