Alcatraz - Webb Porter 3/19/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TonyTheTiger, Mar 19, 2012.

1. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    More of the same - we even got some running this week.

...and the big reveal of the week? Something we've known about for a long time - Lucy's a '63! Yawn.

I swear, the only reason I'm still watching is because there's only two hours left. I hope we get to see something next week as it's likely to be the last anyway.

2. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Yeah Lucy is a 63 and she woke up. Surprise. I would get frustrated with Lost sometimes because of the slow pace but at least I enjoyed the characters. I was looking forward to this show, the premise sounded interesting and unique. But I have a feeling next week is it.

3. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Yeah, but now the chick and the doc know.

4. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Porter's story was very interesting, but sucked as far as moving the story along. The only positive thing was getting a blood match, whatever that means.

If you're going to follow Hauser, do it right. I can't believe Rebecca and Doc haven't stuck a GPS tracker on his car.

5. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Hauser was trying to find a 63 with a blood match to Lucy to heal her.

It looks like it worked.

phox

6. snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    They wanted the match because the prisoners seem to have that additive in their blood that makes them heal fast. You give that to Lucy and she gets better.

Anyone have any plausible theories yet? Cryonics, govt time travel experiment gone wrong?

7. jpcamaro70

jpcamaro70 Member

Nov 23, 2011
    I'm done with Alcatraz. the show is moving too slowly and each episode is the same thing over and over. The acting isn't even good. I stopped and deleted half way through this week.

8. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    It could be time travel, but whoever is sending them knows our time. They're prepped with IDs, money, knowledge, etc.

My guess is clones of the prisoners, and if not that then cryogenics. But that doesn't answer how they get to where they wake up... in a room on Alcatraz, in a crypt, etc.

And the worst part of all is WHY? Maybe the 'how' explains that. I'm starting to wonder if Hauser is the bad guy. The first 63s retrieved the two funky keys to the Cthulhu Room, which he has. He HAS to know what door they open... it's right at the bottom of those stairs. He wants the 63s alive, and is keeping them out at New Alcatraz for whatever reason. He certainly knows more than he's letting on (how did he know the 63s were coming back in the first place??).

Lucy woke up more like a zombie, but they didn't show us more than her face.

9. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I don't think they are "coming back", I think they just haven't aged. Lucy has been with Hauser this whole time.

Although the prisoners seem to know about technology like cell phones, Dr. Beauregard (who is also un-aged since '63) was confused by video chat and called a laptop a television. He has been kept in seclusion (he said he hasn't seen the sky in quite sometime).

10. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Instead of looking for a '63 with the same blood type, why not just give her collodial silver or whatever it is?

11. snowjay

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    If they just haven't aged, then where have they been? Hauser isn't the bad guy, but he certainly has some knowledge of what is going on (or at least that they would come back at some point and time) since he was on the island in '63 right after everyone disappeared.

I was thinking the new Alcatraz is a place to keep them until they have all been captured and then send them back to '63, if it is indeed what is happening.

Is it some sort of a mind experiment as well, since we have had non-violent prisoners and guards committing murders.

12. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    In the flashbacks from this ep, who did Lucy kiss? Was that young Hauser?

13. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    I'm still watching because it's so bad that it's amusing.

14. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Next week is a two hour season finale. If the story is going to move, it's going to move then. Might as well see it through.

15. snowjay

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    Yes.

16. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Maybe they don't know the right "recipe" and without prisoners to experiment on they don't want to guess.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Exactly. Maybe nothing happened, but something was set up to happen. Which, for this show, is something. :D
    Technically, it's two one-hour episodes in a single block. But yes, the last two episodes. They keep saying that some answers will be revealed by the end of the season, so that would make it next week.

I guess something will happen besides something being set up to happen! Maybe.

18. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Sorry, but I don't believe there will be much resolution next week.

19. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer Member

Jan 5, 2007
    I think there will be some resolution, but overall it will be too little-too late.

Many of the posters in this thread had excellent theories on what the hell was going on, which ironically proved more interesting than the show itself.

I think that since the premise of this show was so crazy and or fantastic, the excruciatingly slow info on the overall arc soured the show for many.

Since next week is probably the end, I might as well hang on like the others.:cool:

20. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    How could they have saved this show? More running by main character, a few risque tops for main character. Work with Miller or AB and bars throughout the world to create a drinking game based on losing the gun and such. Bars could queue up the show and make it a social event each week. Jurasic Park guy needed to reveal more clues to blond, sooner. Doc and coroner need to get it on. All of the flashback scenes are great, I guess the entire show could be flashbacks. Get Lucy back in the show.