Alcatraz - Guy Hastings - OAD 2/6/12 ***Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TonyTheTiger, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Feb 7, 2012 #1 of 57
    TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    OK, so it looks like we get a little more back story this week. Not sure what we actually discovered, though, except that some of the guards' disappearances were covered up with a 'chemical spill' story. Helps explain how they managed to go missing without family suspicion.

Interesting that Ray and Tommy were actually brothers and the latter obviously was one of the 63s and Ray wasn't. Also explains why Rebecca was recruited. I guess there will eventually be some kind of link with Doc, but that remains to be seen.

I'm glad it wasn't another criminal of the week, so it'll keep me watching, a little longer at least.

2. Feb 7, 2012 #2 of 57
    martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Yeah, someone was listening to us b!tch about how the families would let someone go missing. :) Tell each side that the other is dead after you separate them.

Guy's story sounded a bit different, or maybe he just said more than the cons we've seen so far. "Then it wasn't 1963 any more.", but what happened after he got to the present?

Did we see what became of Guy at the end of the episode? The see-your-daughter event, then... Tommy and Ray at the bar. I can't imagine they would take him to New Alcatraz, unless they took him to a different part that we haven't seen.

3. Feb 7, 2012 #3 of 57
    snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    One thing that stood out is that they said Tommy was "missing". Was he sent to do something and went rogue or did he escape? Obviously Ray knows more than he is letting on.

I'm pretty sure Guy is at the new Alcatraz, where else would he go?

4. Feb 7, 2012 #4 of 57
    vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Well except for maybe his actions on this episode, he's not actually a criminal.

5. Feb 7, 2012 #5 of 57
    snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    But he could become a guard there? Or at least be housed there.

6. Feb 7, 2012 #6 of 57
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    He has to be kept prisoner somewhere...they can't risk him getting out and blowing the whistle. Sucks to be him, but that's what happens when you get caught up in a government cover-up. :D

And I wouldn't be surprised if the moral implications of keeping people who haven't done anything wrong prisoner, or people who have done something wrong but without any kind of due process, becomes a plot point, and a point of contention between Sam Neil and Hurley & Zobelle.

7. Feb 7, 2012 #7 of 57
    That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    We also "discovered" that, apparently, "the event" happened during the day (as the mother was taken to the daughter while she was at school. Apparently, either nobody happened to be looking at Alcatraz that day (through binoculars, presumably) and suddenly notice that there was nobody there, or if anyone did, they never bothered to say anything.

8. Feb 7, 2012 #8 of 57
    tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Remembe he also said "The fog came in", and SF Bay can get nasty for (that's why the Golden Gate Bridge is painted International Orange, so it will stand out against the fog) so either the time warp/suspended animation doohickey generated a fog to cover itself or the secret masters activated it on a foggy day.

9. Feb 7, 2012 #9 of 57
    uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Liked it.

Not sure why Ray doesn't "make" his brother tell him more. Ray seemed all "Guy, how are you the same age? Where have you been?" yet seemed fine with his brother not aging at all in 50 years.

Sure, Ray wants to protect his brother but it seems like he's more interested in protecting his niece. So I certainly hope he's forced to pick between the two soon, as it seems a bit odd to watch his beloved blondie gallavanting after somebody and not helping, knowing she could get killed.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It's been pretty clear from the beginning that Ray knows...something...from the way he tried to warn Rebecca off. The question is, how much does he know and how? We know Hauser tried to recruit him years earlier.

11. robbhimself

robbhimself Member

Sep 13, 2006
    my take on that is that ray knew the prisoners made the time jump when hauser approached him originally, but was told back in 63 that the guards were all killed

12. Satchel

Satchel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    So it seems that Rebecca's grandfather was one of the first to come back, and was responsible for killing her partner, but he's unaccounted for.
    As for Guy Hastings. What was his mission upon his return? To kill Tommy? or Ray?

13. TonyTheTiger

Dec 22, 2006
    It seems to me that Tommy 'escaped' and those responsible want him stopped or silenced. Looks like Guy was sent out to do the job.

14. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Ah, that fits.

Thanks.

15. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I often miss stuff. Did we see her partner get killed?

16. TonyTheTiger

Dec 22, 2006
    Only right at the beginning of the series and in every show as a flashback!

17. vertigo235

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    I don't remember, did he actually kill her partner or did her partner just fall to his death while chasing him?

18. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    And WHY were they chasing Tommy? What did he do?

Becka says, "So Ray is my uncle!" Your GRANDFATHER'S brother is your great-uncle.

I can smell that Becka's parents didn't die either.
    It's not adding up. Tommy's kid(?) had a daughter and Ray had to raise her? This when Guy's daughter has grade school aged grandchildren?

Writing FAIL alert!

19. vertigo235

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    a great uncle is still an uncle no?

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yes, and her point was that she always called him "Uncle Ray" without realizing they were actually related.