AGT Current Season (2019) - Spoilers to Date

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Regina, May 29, 2019.

1. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    SOOOOO glad they replaced Tyra-I LOVE Terry Crews!

Hilarious that Julianne was afraid to buzz people and now she loves it! BA HA HA!

Early fave-GINGZILLA! I love her!

I usually say that singers should go to The Voice, but Kodi Lee was so inspirational-blind, autistic and so talented-got awfully dusty in my house when he came on!

What does everyone else think so far?

2. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    I've only watched about 40 minutes so far, but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Terry Crews, almost as much as I hated Tyra !!

I really enjoyed the magician as well and as usual, I have no clue how he did it. I thought his "how did that happen?" personality was quite charming.

jeetkunedo likes this.
  3. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    The magician won Asia's got Talent earlier this year. Gingzilla was on X Factor last year. Simon was a judge.

Regina likes this.
  4. Zephyr

Zephyr Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I do not like the close in card guys. If it weren't for a tv screen, no one would even see them. And 3-D vision adds a lot to the perceptions. And that kid went on for ever. Enough. Vote him off.

5. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I am glad the show is back.
    I miss Nick, but am glad Terry is there instead of Tyra. She was just so un-entertaining to me.
    I never understand how group-dancers make it on the show. They bore me to tears.
    The magician I liked, I don't know how he did a lot of what he did. I even went frame-by-frame and couldn't see how he did it. I am assuming that table is a video table for some of the tricks though.

6. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Happy the show is back!

I also liked the young girl who spoke/sang/rapped. Something different with a great message.

Simon really has a soft spot for tacky/trashy comediennes. :D

Missing Heidi Klum as a judge. So far, the two new judges don't have enough separation in their personalities for me (they're too similar in their responses). Hopefully that will develop with just a little time.

7. skypros

skypros Ex satellite dealer

May 18, 2015
    Bend, Oregon
    Hummm..... I thought the 1st show was ok
    There was allot of shock value in many of the acts (IE: I was not expecting that!!)

Greg Morton, a 60-year-old who loves to do voices........... Interesting, but will not go far in the competition..... Unless he can do a large range of characters (other than Star Wars)

Eric Chien, 26, a magician...... Was good, but the black table "with holes/card slots" watched in Tivo slow motion mode..... I guess what I do like the most is that he and his act is a almost identical copy of Shin Lim...... Most likely will make it to the finals.

Singer/songwriter Sophie Pecora, "IMHO" she gets the sympathy vote..... she will probably do ok in the competition

Musician Patrizio Ratto from Italy, WoW what was that (and it was entertaining)..... He will be gone soon.

Dance group V. Unbeatable from Mumbai India, Lots of action...... We see this type of act every season...... will probably do ok in the competition.

Comedian Jackie Fabulous, I did not find her funny at all.... But "my" comedy may not be "your" comedy.

Gingzilla from Sydney Australia, Uhhhh, Mkay...... Defiantly a attention getter (in a bad way). In a world of LBGTQ+ what is "it" trying to be... is it Sir with a harry chest & beard.... or Mam with the attire & look..... I am just confused!!! S/HE will be short lived, we have already been shocked.

Human Fuse, The daredevil has built a human crossbow and lights himself on fire..... This one was SLOW and drawn out...... But what he did was really spectacular and really dangerous!!

Singer Kodi Lee, Will probably make it to the finals..... This young man has allot of challenges going against him in his life. It is great that he has such a great family that supports him. He sings and plays the piano above average.... I just want to hear more, and see if he really is a great piano player / singer.

8. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I have a feeling that, the minute he either starts playing one of the other five instruments he has mastered or starts to tap dance, he'll be the favorite to win. Then again, there are still four (or five - four Golden Buzzers remain) episodes full of auditions we haven't seen yet.

9. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    The only acts I liked were Ginzilla, The dance troupe from India and the autistic singer at the end.

Terry Crews is better than Tyra but he's already annoyed me.

Gabrielle Union and Julianne Hough. Not so much.
    Has it ever been said why Heidi and Mel B were replaced/left/quit/got fired?
    I prefer Project Runway Heidi over AGT Heidi and I am guessing Mel B can be a real pain in the ***.
    They just started the Spice Girls Tour and she's already had some mystery illness or accident or something.

10. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    I believe Heidi tapped out on her own but Mel was fired. Crews is lights years ahead of Tyra.

11. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I watch the show, but last night the whole family watched. The Emerald Belle drill team is from my and my kid's former high school. My sister was a Belle back in the day. When they first went out, we were disappointed - "they didn't bring them all" - and then the rest of them showed up. That was fun for us. They perform every Friday night during football season - and go arm and arm from end zone to end zone. They do a new routine every other week. Those costumes were hideous - they normally wear something so much better. They definitely need more room for the wow factor.

I new they would make the next round - but not sure how much further they will go without a football field...

But it's always fun to see a local group on national TV.

Mikeguy likes this.
  12. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I thought they were great and Howie didn't have a clue. I thought they were better than the Rockettes. I was impressed by their precision.

I'm not sure why the guy at the end got the golden buzzer. He was OK but - - - not all that.

rharmelink and Mikeguy like this.
  13. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Exactly. Otherwise it was an overall good show. The Napoleon Dynamite contortionist guy. The stand-up comic. Although I’m not sure the light show team from the Ukraine should qualify as a new act eligible to compete just because they’re using kids now. The mastermind behind it already had his chances in previous seasons.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  14. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    How big is that school that they can have so many students on the team? Where I live the HS classes are all around 400-450 but I doubt any of our team sports have 100+ yards of students.

15. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I know. When they first came out and said they’re from a small town I pictured a small town and this dance team looks like the size of a typical small town cheerleader squad. Then the stage gets filled with masses of humanity and I’m thinking ‘is that the entire town out there?’ ‘Is this a town comprised entirely of teenage girls?’ The large scale made it even more impressive how good they were.

Mikeguy and LlamaLarry like this.
  16. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    It's not that small. The town is about 25,000. The high school is the largest classification in the state, though it is on the small side of that classification. There are about 2500 students in grades 9-12.

17. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    That draw is pretty impressive. Sounds like a school math word problem. If half of a HS with 2500 students are girls, what percentage of girls need to try out to make a high kick line 100 yards wide, if you assume that each girl will need .75 yards of room on the line and that half of the girls trying out do not make the team? ;)

18. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    When my kids were in school there were about 90. The majority are junior and seniors. Very few freshmen make the team.

19. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I will say, being a Belle is a big deal. They start recruiting and training when girls are really young, having camps and junior teams starting at like age 7.

20. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    Howie must have had his head up his butt when the Emerald Belle’s were performing.

tivotvaddict likes this.