AGENTS OF SHIELD!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mattyro7878, May 28, 2020.

1. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    Was anyone else as surprised as I was to see this show return on ABC last night?? I try to keep tabs on my favorite shows but I totally missed this. I may partially blame Tivo and commercial skip. This is not the first time I missed a premiere or a special of a show cuz I dont see commercials!! I remember last season was the last and included a series finale. Maybe I am totally bonkers and am remembering incorrectly. Or as Worf once said "I remember the same as you--I just remember differently". I'm paraphrasing. Anyway--happy to have some more Phil Coulson and the gang for at least a few more episodes.

2. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I quit watching this show years ago. I saw a commercial for the show last night. Made me want to check it out again, but I forgot. This is the last season, right?

Is this on Hulu or Disney+ or something?

3. mattyro7878

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    Its an ABC show. This is the last season although I thought last year was it so... www.abc.com brings you right to agents of shield. God bless broadcast tv.

4. kdmorse

kdmorse Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    I would say the season before this would be worth coming back for. Because of the circumstances leading up to it, they had to scramble up a different plot angle, and it really worked out pretty well.

5. kdmorse

kdmorse Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    I knew it has another season coming back, but it had been so long, I had forgotten about it. Until one of Tuesday's threads (maybe not here) on either Stargirl or Legends took a tangent of "And AoS is coming back tomorrow!" ;)

Oh, and watch this Tuesday's episodes of Legends, even if you've given up on it. It was really a lot of fun.

6. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    New season is on Hulu after each episode airs. Other seasons are on Netflix.

7. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I had completely forgotten how the last season ended so I was a bit lost on this one.

8. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Same here. Was pleasantly surprised to see a recording show up on my TiVo.

I've really been loving the series the last few seasons ever since it became more "outer space sci-fi" and less "super hero-ish") and I'm going to be sad when it ends.

9. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Yankee Fan

Jul 8, 2002
    Fresno, CA
    That is why you save the last episode from the previous season.

tommage1 and HerronScott like this.
  10. mattyro7878

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    speaking of which, the lovely Quake had many minutes pf fight time but quaked someone only one time. maybe they want to downplay the super hero stuff. save that for the big screen.

11. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    At one point I thought last summer was the final season but I must have realized they meant a yet-to-be produced renewal is the final season because I still had a one-pass. I have the eps from last season saved and probably havn't watched them yet but I'm watching this summer in real time because I like the setting/premise.

12. mattyro7878

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    im glad im not the only one who thought last year was the end.

13. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Wasn’t this a ST:TOS Episode? ;)

14. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I only watched the original series and my favorite episodes were the ones where they went back in time to 20th century earth or some society that vaguely resembled it. That's why I like this premise. Yes, there was depression era episode with a suffragette peace activist who had to die to maintain history. There was also a gangland roaring 20s Chicago-like episode with Vic Tayback. I also dug the Gary Seven NASA episode.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  15. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Ok, so I know “we can’t cause waves, only ripples”, but come on, we’re in 1931, we might as well kill Hitler.

edit:
    wrote the above before the ep ended, so... Nazis are Hydra, and Hydra can’t be elimination in 1931, otherwise SHIELD won’t be formed, and the Comocons win, sigh.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  16. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I was watching a virtual chat with cast and producers:

and it sounds like they (everyone including producers) thought Season 5 was the end.
    Then umm... okay... Season 6 was the end.
    Umm... what? Season 7? Okay... what else can we do?

17. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    This has confused me throughout the series. I thought I had missed something. Can she not just quake quake quake as much as she wants? Is there a limitation.

If she's too powered for the series as it is, either take away her powers, or make it hurt, or something. But to just ignore it most of the show?

-smak-

18. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    One issue she had in the past is that the quaking damaged her, and she had to wear special gauntlets to protect herself. I can't remember...has that limitation been removed? Because I didn't see that she's wearing the gauntlets now...

19. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Yup, the DVR part of a Tivo is valuable. In the old days was easy to go to network website and watch pretty much any episode you missed, or to refresh your memory. But now have to pay for access in most cases.

Decent show. At first I was not impressed. But on recommendation from a family member I ended up going back to season one and watching it all. Used to be they ran reruns of previous seasons on some channel (not ABC). So I was able to season pass/record most of the old episodes. Did have to get a few episodes by checking out DVDs of the series at the local library.

20. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Borrowed from the original Star Trek episode "The City on the Edge of Forever"? The original ST series was ahead of it's time IMO.

Edit
    Oh, that is what you were actually referencing. ST:TOS, acronyms confuse me sometimes. Some sound silly, FLOTUS for example, first time I saw it made me think of garbage floating around in a body of water.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020