Agents of SHIELD - S4E15 "Self Control"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DancnDude, Feb 24, 2017.

1. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI

Advertisements

So we're onto full Matrix mode now. I'm not sure how I really feel about this, but I guess I'll just have to see how things go. If it's not too long, I can see it as a fun side-plot.

My second thought was "Oh they found yet another way to bring back Ward".

• I liked that there were some of the "extras" who were in a few other episodes this season who helped Gemma and Daisy escape.
    • The scene with 30 Daisy LMDs was pretty fun
    • We saw the LMDs being made in some sort of factory by Aida
    • I assume the Doc is now dead, even though the Framework sucked him up. Is he in the Framework now?
    • And the Russian bad guy who's head is now in a container, controlling his LMD directly....that's some crazy stuff right there.

2. MusicMama

MusicMama Member

Mar 6, 2005
    I'm really not sure I can keep going with this crazy trip into the Matrix, excuse me, "the Framework". Won't miss the Doc and don't like the LMDs, especially since it's pretty obvious that their programming isn't exact (would Coulson and May really admit their feelings? I think not). The whole arc seems to be too far off to be able to go back to 'reality'. Maybe I just miss the monster of the week.

3. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Well. Since the guy who created the LMDs told May to go with her feelings, I wouldn't expect them to be exact copies.

4. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    My only question (now that I've binge watched to get caught up): Now that the doctor is apparently dead in real life (alive in the Framework, though) - what is stopping Aida from immediately offing the rest of the SHIELD people?

5. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009

Advertisements

How would that help her goal of protecting the Framework? It would make more sense for her to let them go. Either killing them or keeping them makes it more likely that the Framework will be attacked.

6. oscarfish

oscarfish Active Member

Mar 1, 2009
    I liked that LMD May really was May except for the Darkhold objective and that she couldn't hurt the Doc. As soon as LMD Coulson went to see LMD May I thought that the real May wouldn't be willing help LMD Coulson do all this "bad" stuff, why should the LMD May. And she/it didn't. I'm rarely right about these things but every once and a while the show creators throw me a bone.

DancnDude likes this.