Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 E5 "4,722 Hours"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by wedgecon, Oct 29, 2015.

1. wedgecon

wedgecon Just Plain Awesome TCF Club

Dec 28, 2002
    Vancouver, WA

Advertisements

I just watched this and it was at was a good episode. The whole episode is about Simmons experience on the planet. You knew it was going to be different when it had an alternate introduction.

The story explains a lot about her reluctance to open up with Fitz after here rescue.

2. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Agreed, it was a pretty good episode. I loved how she figured out how the portal worked based on where each of them came in, the date and time, and the position of the stars.

But I did have to roll my eyes at her phone lasting that long, and all the processing she got that really old PC to do, all with minimal battery power.

I would have expected her to figure out how to harness energy from the heat to power her phone or something.

3. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    One of the best episodes yet, IMO. Agreed the battery life was absurd, but at least they threw in a line about Fitz having rigged it for super long life. Doesn't make it believable, but I like the fact that they acknowledged it.

4. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I just think it's funny that Fitz can over, the course of little more than a year, rescue a girl from a storage container in the bottom of the ocean, and then from a death planet in a whole other solar system, but can't escape from the friendzone. :D

5. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA

Advertisements

So you accept the helicarriers, the invisible planes, flying cars, terragin crystals, teleporting Inhumans and all that but you draw the line at a more efficient cell-phone battery?

6. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I didn't/don't "draw the line" anywhere. I'm simply saying that I like the fact that they tossed in a comment about the incredibly long battery life she got from her phone.

7. Ereth

Ereth Unemployed Bum

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    I think the incredible battery life is far less difficult to accept than the fact that it's a satellite phone, and yet there's no perceptible lag when they actually use them to talk to one another. Solving the speed of light problem is far more difficult than getting weeks of battery life. ;)

8. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It was a very good episode and a fine Jemma showcase but it seemed like a long way to go in order for Jemma to tell Fitz that there was someone else on the planet and that he's never, ever gonna get any.

9. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    :up:

10. kettledrum

kettledrum Active Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Fishers, IN
    Yay, this show is not dead! With no threads here the past few episodes I was beginning to wonder... ;)

I loved this episode. Anyone have theories on who the "death" figure in the no fly zone is?

11. pgogborn

pgogborn Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2002
    I have wondered and came up completely blank even though I have got an extreme theory that Rosalind Price is Coulson's wife.

12. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Isn't there an actual "Death" character in the MCU? Maybe it's her?

13. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Nah, she's not confined to any geographic space. And she's a bit cosmic-level for this show (maybe she might show up in a future Guardians or Avengers movie).

14. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    It's probably not, but the entity reminded me of one of Thanos's current comics minions, Corvus Glaive.

15. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Unless the Gemma's Excellent Adventure somehow ties into the Inhuman story line at some point, this was kind of a waste.

16. pgogborn

pgogborn Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Regarding the entity known as 'Death' - what we seem to have is it can smell blood, is centries old and can change the mood of planets.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, it ain't over yet...they still has to rescue her boy-toy and solve the mysteries of the island planet.

18. dcheesi

dcheesi ...I'm not.

Apr 6, 2001
    MD, USA
    True. But then, this storyline feels to me like it might be a set up for a movie tie-in...

19. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Astronaut-man could have been a figment of her 'magination, running away with her.

Not saying I think this is the case, but who knows what the writers might come up with.

20. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    At the very end when they showed Will again on the planet, the sun was out. Then it got dark again...