Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. "A Hen in The Wolf House" (10/21/14) SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by RGM1138, Oct 22, 2014.

1. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS

Advertisements

Wow, Adrianne Palicki is a big girl. And a bad ass. Shades of Ultraviolet. Glad she's one of the good guys.

Can't decide who I'm crushing on more, Bobbi or Simmons.

So much for my theory of a season-long arc of Simmons undercover.

I just found out that my daughter, who is a nurse and a published author, has been binge watching last season's episodes. Make's a dad proud. :)

So far, I'm loving this season, and I'm left wanting for more.

I wish I could say that about more shows.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I had to laugh when Wonder Woman escaped on an invisible plane... :D

3. Necromancer2006

Necromancer2006 Active Member

Jan 26, 2008
    What kind of mutant (or alien-hybrid) is Skye's father? Is he something of a pre-Hulk? (Keep it together Doctor)

4. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Yes, same for me!

5. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

I'm guessing he's an Inhuman (as has been proposed earlier by others for Skye).

It kinda makes sense in light of the comics, where the Inhumans were a genetic experiment on humans by the Kree, who altered their DNA to give them super-powers. The weird drug that has affected Garrett & Coulson, but not Skye, was derived from a blue alien (i.e., a Kree). It would make sense that such a drug would affect the humans Garrett & Coulson, and not the Inhuman Skye (with her Kree DNA).

Of course, they could be going in a completely different direction. But Marvel has been working hard the past couple of years to shift emphasis away from mutants (i.e., the X-Men) and towards the Inhumans, since Fox has the X-Men movie rights locked up effectively in perpetuity. Marvel has decreed that no new mutant characters shall be created, and that any new X-Men characters will be A) not mutants, and B) created in other books and then moved to the X-Men, to keep the new characters out of Fox's hands.

I suspect that having the Kree drug in SHIELD is the first step in introducing all this in to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

6. tigercat74

tigercat74 Lets go Bengals!!!!!

Aug 7, 2004
    Powell, TN
    I'm 6'3", so she can call me anytime.

7. NoThru22

NoThru22 Smelly Pirate Hooker

May 6, 2005
    Bel Air, MD
    I think the fact that we didn't see what she did to Bakshi will play out in future episodes. In the Blizzard episode, they implied that the brainwashing was really deep, so perhaps she is still in Hydra's thrall.

Kind of spoilers, but here's her Mockingbird suit: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56508

8. Ereth

Ereth Unemployed Bum

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    I didn't even pick up on that! :eek:

9. Jagman_sl

Jagman_sl New Member

Mar 14, 2001
    Jacksonville...
    Did anybody else notice they cast him in a green light whenever he was losing his temper? :D

10. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I don't remember--has Sky's father exhibited any superpowers?

I wondered too if their was any residual brainwashing.

11. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    It was implied that he had superstrength but I don't think that the cause is gamma radiation.

Ahh, Mockingbird, I had no idea that Mrs. Morse's daughter was going to appear on this show until yesterday, when Marvel sent me an email with "Meet Bobbi Morse" in the title.

Still, I enjoyed when she whipped out her battlestaves and went to town on those Hydra guys.

I hope Adrianne Palicki sticks around for at least a few more episodes as I'm enjoying her in this role.

Mockingbird is the type of character I thought that they'd use Agents of SHIELD to try out before putting them in the movies.

BTW, nice scenes with Coulson and Skye this week.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I guess I've never seen her in something with such a short cast, because DAMN I never knew she was that tall! She almost looked like she was digitally inserted in some of those scenes!

13. randian

randian Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Southeast...
    Elizabeth Henstridge seems to have received some surgical enhancements.

14. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Yep, Palicki is 5' 11".

15. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    I thought something similar when she was escaping down the hallway.

16. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I am 5'4" and I'd climb that mountain (Palicki, not tigercat74) ALL DAY! I have been crushing on her since FNL.

17. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    You know, that did get my attention. So much so that I had to rewind a time or two, just to be clear what is was that I was seeing.

;)

18. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Personally, I think Elizabeth Henstridge is kinda weird looking but I found two reasons to love her when she ran towards us

19. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Skrull cows. In the first seen with Simmons, she and her partner were looking at cow DNA, but didn't know why. Remember the Skrulls disguised as cows from the Neal Adams days?

20. Ereth

Ereth Unemployed Bum

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    Neal Adams? That's a Kirby/Lee reference. Fantastic Four #2, 4 Skulls come to earth. 3 are captured and we forget about the fourth. He was a cow (though we didn't learn that for years in the Thomas/Adams storyline you reference above).

So, ok, Neal Adams days. But it was set up by Lee/Kirby!